L
ladybugg19
Guest
After a long time of keeping God at arm’s length I feel like I’ve finally realized why I’ve been doing it.
I am afraid of being close with God and, at this point in my life, I’m just really torn about it BECAUSE, everybody knows, (to paraphrase Mother Teresa) When you get close to Jesus you’ll be by him on the cross and you’re going to get poked by the thorns. And I recall some other saint that quipped that that is the very reason that Jesus doesn’t have that many friends.
Everybody knows that this is the name of the game. It’s the whole point. For us to suffer like HE did in order to win graces, heaven, and to save souls. Don’t anybody even try to deny it or soft-pedal it. Life with Christ is suffering (at least while here on earth). It’s just a fact.
Earlier in my life I was much more willing to accept this, be okay with it, and whatever He had planned. But at this point, I am very tired of hurting and feeling lonely. My mother died at age 48 of breast cancer less than three weeks before my second son was born. My life bears the evidence of that loss every day. I am just a couple months from delivering our third child and just miss her so much. Also, being a married mother of two (three in May) I just can’t deal with the thought of having to suffer over something happening to my husband or children and being asked to accept it as part of getting closer to God.
I honestly do not know what to do. I have been continuing to go to Sunday Mass in order to be able to be close to and commune with my Mother AND for the sake of continuing SOMETHING in my faith life AND for the sake of how we’re raising our children. But that’s about the extent of it.
I did see a priest a few times for spiritual guidance and he directed me to turn everything back over to God and trust him with it, but I’ve been stuck there ever since.
I do want to be close to God again, but I’m afraid of what he’ll do to me and I’m still hurting from the last blow. How does anybody manage this?:crying:
I am afraid of being close with God and, at this point in my life, I’m just really torn about it BECAUSE, everybody knows, (to paraphrase Mother Teresa) When you get close to Jesus you’ll be by him on the cross and you’re going to get poked by the thorns. And I recall some other saint that quipped that that is the very reason that Jesus doesn’t have that many friends.
Everybody knows that this is the name of the game. It’s the whole point. For us to suffer like HE did in order to win graces, heaven, and to save souls. Don’t anybody even try to deny it or soft-pedal it. Life with Christ is suffering (at least while here on earth). It’s just a fact.
Earlier in my life I was much more willing to accept this, be okay with it, and whatever He had planned. But at this point, I am very tired of hurting and feeling lonely. My mother died at age 48 of breast cancer less than three weeks before my second son was born. My life bears the evidence of that loss every day. I am just a couple months from delivering our third child and just miss her so much. Also, being a married mother of two (three in May) I just can’t deal with the thought of having to suffer over something happening to my husband or children and being asked to accept it as part of getting closer to God.
I honestly do not know what to do. I have been continuing to go to Sunday Mass in order to be able to be close to and commune with my Mother AND for the sake of continuing SOMETHING in my faith life AND for the sake of how we’re raising our children. But that’s about the extent of it.
I did see a priest a few times for spiritual guidance and he directed me to turn everything back over to God and trust him with it, but I’ve been stuck there ever since.
I do want to be close to God again, but I’m afraid of what he’ll do to me and I’m still hurting from the last blow. How does anybody manage this?:crying: