Looking to purchase Nova Vulgata

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epistemes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Epistemes

Guest
Hi all;

I’m looking to purchase a copy of the Vulgate in the near future, but since I’m largely unfamiliar with all the editions, authencity issues, etc., I thought I would just go ahead and get the Nova Vulgata since it is the most recently approved text of the Vulgate. However, I seem to be unable to find any purchasable copies(?). I know it is found on the Vatican website, but I was hoping to have a hardbound book so that I didn’t always need a computer around to read from the Vulgate. If someone could point me in the right direction where I might find a purchasable copy, I’d appreciate it.

Also, in other threads, I have heard people mention that the Nova Vulgate leaves out entire verses, etc. Why is this? And is this acceptable?
 
Dear Epistemes
You can purchase a copy of Nova Vulgata at www.paxbook.com

Editio minor (cm. 14 x 19.5 ), 1998, Libreria Editrice Vaticana
Hardcover, pp. 1856 ISBN: 88-209-2163-4
Price: US$ 78.00

I am writing about The Holy Family - The Purity of Mary - St. Joseph …as I read from Nova - Mt 1:18-25 and found many interesting points to be discussed.
Please look at And2 Mary Ever Remained Pure and And He Knew Her Not Until She Bore The Son. I wish to hear from you.

Good luck
 
Also, in other threads, I have heard people mention that the Nova Vulgate leaves out entire verses, etc. Why is this? And is this acceptable?
Well, acceptable would be in the eye of the beholder really. The manuscript evidence relied on by the NV’s editors made them cut verses which were found in other manuscripts.

Personally, I think they should at least have included those verses in footnotes (much like the RSV/CE did with Judith 13’s ending verses). I prefer the Clementine edition anyway. The Colunga-Turrado Clementine is smaller, lighter, has much better tools and a better aparatus…and they’re about the same price!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top