Love is..........what?

• Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

contemplative

Love is…

Any one remember the Love is… cartoon from the 70’s?
by creator Kim Casali
For years this was the first comic I read when I opened the funny pages. I am still attracted to these two lovable little characters.

My question?

What ‘Is Love’ for you?

Love is… What?

Maybe the couple at the top of this post will inspire you and maybe they won’t. Think about love and please share. :love:
Your (or borrowed) quotations about love would be appreciated too.:love:

“Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrong doing. It does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres.”
Corinthians 13

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. John 3:16

Should I expect this to be the longest thread ever on CAForums?🙂

I’ll share another.

Love is happily sharing the same cup with someone and not worrying a bit about germs.

Love is buying a gift for someone that I would not mind receiving.

Love is holding and rocking a sick child hour after hour. Love is forgiving more than you ever thought possible. Love is praying for your spouse and children even when you are angry with them. Love is a choice to give up self and give to others. Love is hard work.

One of my favorite poets, Marie Rainier Rilke, defined love as:

“Love is Work. It is the hardest work of all and it is the work for which all other work prepares us.”

I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.
Leo Buscaglia

One may not like everyone; being nice to them is necessary.

Love is Power.

…the only true power in this world because love comes from God.

40.png
mschoir01:
Love is holding and rocking a sick child hour after hour.
:yup:

and sleeping all night on the floor at the foot of sick child’s bed so that they feel secure…and so that mom or dad can hear that they are breathing OK.

Love is Divine… and it is by the grace of the Divine indwelling that we truly Love; that we Love even unto bearing our own cross for ourselves, for others and for God.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Love feels no burden,
thinks nothing of trouble,
attempts what is above its strength,
pleads no excuse of impossibility…
It is therefore able to undertake all things,
and it completes many things,
and warrants them to take effect,
where he who does not love would faint and lie down.
Love is watchful and sleeping, slumbereth not.
Though weary, it is not tired;
though pressed, it is not straitened;
though alarmed, it is not confounded…
  • Thomas A. Kempis -

Love is Real

Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.
–Margery Williams The Velveteen Rabbit

Love is never having to say you are sorry - but doing it anyway - out of Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back