Love Thy Neighboor

• Thread starter Thread starter Jenlyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenlyn

I had a good opinion of a priest until I saw him interact with someone who had a concern. His cold uncaring responses really changed my opinion of him.

During mass, I had great difficulty paying attention. Instead I was judging, judging, judging. God then granted me the grace to see how his rude not “loving thy neighboor” attitude was making me sin.

The saints say over and over, echoing God’s words, to love thy neighboor. To not bring offense against thy neighboor. To always be kind in spite of what they do.

Wow! How often do I say unkind words, use an unpleasant tone, have unloving body language! Each time I put those people I come in contact with in a possible state of sin! Any thoughts like “what a rude and thoughtless thing to say” make them break the commandment “love thy neighboor.”

How hard it is to be completely loving but we are called to do it.

We must love our neighboor but then we must love our neighboor enough to keep them from sinning on account of us.

It is extremely difficult to do and it takes daily self disipline for me to try to Love my neighbor. Love not literally, but to act favorably toward our neighbor is what the term Love thy neighbor means. Keep your eyes on the prize. Pray daily for the strength to do this and God will provide you the ability to do this consistantly.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back