Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGC

Love without truth is vague and sentimental
Truth without love is harsh and exclusive
Holiness without love is legalistic and unattractive

Archbishop of Canterbury 1999

I think we all can lapse into one or more of the above at times and probably have an ‘achilles heel’ of one of the three in particular.

Any thoughts?

40.png
JGC:

I think we all can lapse into one or more of the above at times and probably have an ‘achilles heel’ of one of the three in particular.

Any thoughts?
Dear JGC,

I think I’ve learned love from my spouse and children.

I have sought all my life for truth, but only today, on 9/11 I think I’m finally starting to see it.

I’ve never been particularly holy ever since I went away from my parents to college.

The world doesn’t understand me. I have been rejected, chewed up and spit out by certain ministers of God’s holy church.

I think I would really like to meet this archbishop of Canterbury.

Alan

Love , truth and holiness are interchangeable and inseperable, there is no point having one without the other, it is only half of a thing otherwise. Above all of them though, the most important one to maintain in all adversity is LOVE, none of them work to the full without love and I mean real love, not a love that relies on feelings or sentiment, but the obsessive, surrendering, obedient, sacrificing, merciful, unrelenting , passionate love that leads a soul to die for love of our Lord, this is the greatest and though the others may exist without such a deep love; LOVE must be what it is or it isn’t love, it is then just a matter of sentiment and affection.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you xxxxx

40.png
AlanFromWichita:
The world doesn’t understand me. I have been rejected, chewed up and spit out by certain ministers of God’s holy church. Alan
So, the question is, what did you learn, if anything, from those encounters? Is there any more you could learn from them?

40.png
JGC:

Any thoughts?
Truth, Love and Holiness are all equally important, like a stool with three legs. Remove one leg and the rest falls. However, we being fallible or in our forgetfullness and ignorance sometimes tend to emphasize one at the expense of the others. Hence, we sometimes stumble, like the stool.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back