Luminous Mysteries

• Thread starter Thread starter KowboyM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KowboyM

When one prays the Rosary, one needs to visualize or think of the mystery while praying the beads. With these new mysteries, I have difficulty “visualizing” the (Proculation of the Kingdom & The Transfiguration). Can someone elighten me or refer me to where I can learn more of these two mysteries? Blessings to all who can help me with this situation. 👍

Well, Matthew’s account of the transfiguration is pretty visual:

:bible1: "After six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them; his face shone like the sun and his clothes became white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, conversing with him. Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, “Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them, then from the cloud came a voice that said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” When the disciples heard this, they fell prostrate and were very much afraid. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, “Rise, and do not be afraid.” And when the disciples raised their eyes, they saw no one else but Jesus alone. As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, “Do not tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” Matthew 17:1-9

For the Proclamation of the Kingdom, the focus is on Christ’s actions, the signs He gave that the Kingdom was at hand. From Pope John Paul II’s Rosarium Virginis Mariae:
Another mystery of light is the preaching by which Jesus proclaims the coming of the Kingdom of God, calls to conversion (cf. Mk 1:15) and forgives the sins of all who draw near to him in humble trust (cf. *Mk *2:3-13; *Lk *7:47- 48): the inauguration of that ministry of mercy which he continues to exercise until the end of the world, particularly through the Sacrament of Reconciliation which he has entrusted to his Church (cf. *Jn *20:22-23).
Hope this helps

There is a little booklet I carry around in my purse called “Pray The Rosary” put out by “Catholic Book Publishing, Co” of New Jersey. What I really like about this is it has images correlating to each of the mysteries. (I got mine at Pauline Books and Media run by the Sisters of St. Paul) This really heps me, especially when my mind is not willing to focus on the Rosary and the mysteries.

Technically, I don’t think you have to visualize the content of the mystery as if it is some requirement. The rosary is a very personal and optional devotion. (Except when recited in groups of course). Make it your own.

Scott

If you persist in praying the Holy Rosary, our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary’s heavenly spouse the Holy Spirit will give you to pray.

Here’s a program I found on EWTN’s series and program search engine that Johnette Bencovic did last year shortly after the Holy Father instituted the Luminous Mysteries:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/resolve.asp?rafile=8092.ra

Here’s another one you can stream with RealAudio from Catholic Answers Live from Oct. 22, 2003 with Fr. Benedict Groeschel titled “The Rosary: Chain of Hope” (or download)

The Rosary is a personal devotion so ask Mary to pray for you that the Holy Spirit will give you to understand more deeply those mysteries you crave to understand better. This is a holy hunger KowboyM. Also remember that the Rosary is a deeply scriptural form of prayer, so read the parts of the Bible that relate most directly to the rosary.

If it’s any help to you, I also have a post on my blog with some Scriptural Rosary resources.

:gopray2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back