Making yourself more attractive to potential mates

  • Thread starter Thread starter LotusCarsLtd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LotusCarsLtd

Guest
Okay, so many are aware of the large numbers of single Catholics, both in real life and here on CAF, that can’t seem to find a mate no matter how hard they try. But I don’t think anyone has really addressed the important question:

How do you make yourself more attractive to faithful single Catholics of the opposite sex?
 
Well, this works for making yourself more attractive in general. Confidence. People love confident people. That is one of the main things that attracted me to my hubby.
 
Kill two birds with one stone - focus on those areas that will pay dividends in your life even if you don’t find a spouse or already found one… Take care of your health and grooming (maintain a healthy weight, don’t smoke, etc.); make sure you have a source of honest income to financially support yourself and prospective family; stay out of trouble; live a virtuous life; have some hobbies and interests to balance yourself (but don’t let them rule your life, since your prospective spouse may have different hobbies/interests).
 
Manners! I know I’m not catholic but this goes for everyone. When I was single there were several times that I would approach a man in a bar or restaurant because of the way I saw him treat waitstaff. I knew that if he wasn’t interested he would be nice about it, which made me more comfortable, and if he was interested I would have a date with a polite man.
 
I’m certainly know expert, but I’ve heard it helps to more or less “become” what you’re looking for. If you are looking for a celibate, faithful, honest spouse - practice those virtues yourself.
 
Kill two birds with one stone - focus on those areas that will pay dividends in your life even if you don’t find a spouse or already found one… Take care of your health and grooming (maintain a healthy weight, don’t smoke, etc.); make sure you have a source of honest income to financially support yourself and prospective family; stay out of trouble; live a virtuous life; have some hobbies and interests to balance yourself (but don’t let them rule your life, since your prospective spouse may have different hobbies/interests).
To this I would add joining a group where the opposite sex outnumbers you by about 2 to 1. This is a lot harder for men than women, I have found. If you are a guy, you might look into a Catholic singles club. I joined the Catholic Alumni Club and found the ratio to be highly favorable to men, since there were many more ladies actively seeking matrimony. The key to these organizations is to get involved in some sort of volunteer work. Your chances of meeting someone will soar. Good luck. 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top