Marian Apparitions and NBC

• Thread starter Thread starter JKCairns
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JKCairns

It is amazing how many catholics were so approving of the secular version of Marian Apparitions on Dateline NBC, without question.
Many catholics felt that this show was fair and balanced and the reporters did a great job in showing the different Marian Apparitions. When in fact NBC failed to mention that one of the alleged Marian Apparition sites has been condemned by the Bishop not to mention all the controversy that surrounds it, and should not even be considered a Marian Apparition site, and should not of been included in the Dateline show.
To put this condemned Marian Apparition site with the approved Marian Apparition sites is not fair and balanced at all. It was a disgrace not only to Blessed Mother but to the Catholic Church. To the catholics who thought this show was very good is really scary to say the least. Since when has catholics started placing there approval and trust more in secular tv than in the Catholic Church.
Remember: Satan can appear as an angel of light

There is a nother thread on this topic, which I will see if I can find. I think it was somewhere under the watercooler. I did not see the show from the beginning, but I enjoyed what I saw. Also, from what I saw the show was not concerned with official pronouncements on any of the apparitions, and did not focus on giving the church’s stance for any of them.

The subject matter was miracles that people believe occurred, the program was titled soemthing to that effect, and the apparitions were covered because people believed in them. None seemed to be evaluated based on whether it was right to beleive in them, or if they were approved or condemend by the Catholic Church. If they went into details bout the bishop in one, then they would have to discuss official statements for all of them. It would be a more thorough (and longer) program, which I would be interested in viewing, but I doubt that I am representative of their target audience. Most of the stories entailed stories valued by Catholics, but it was not billed as a Catholic program nor marketed exclusively for those concerned with the Catholic viewpoint on all matters.

40.png
serendipity:
There is a nother thread on this topic, which I will see if I can find. I think it was somewhere under the watercooler. I did not see the show from the beginning, but I enjoyed what I saw. Also, from what I saw the show was not concerned with official pronouncements on any of the apparitions, and did not focus on giving the church’s stance for any of them.

The subject matter was miracles that people believe occurred, the program was titled soemthing to that effect, and the apparitions were covered because people believed in them. None seemed to be evaluated based on whether it was right to beleive in them, or if they were approved or condemend by the Catholic Church. If they went into details bout the bishop in one, then they would have to discuss official statements for all of them. It would be a more thorough (and longer) program, which I would be interested in viewing, but I doubt that I am representative of their target audience. Most of the stories entailed stories valued by Catholics, but it was not billed as a Catholic program nor marketed exclusively for those concerned with the Catholic viewpoint on all matters.
Okay, I just looked and looked for the thread but could not find the one that was psoted the night it was on. I did find one posted fairly recently under “in the News,” but it is much briefer.

I saw this show and liked it very much. I noticed that the news media did not make fun of the people who were having their experiences. The news people were simply reporting what is going on. They probably have no knowlege of what is “approved” and “unapproved.” I’m sure they couldn’t care less.

I have personally traveled to the site of one of the “unapproved” apparitions, as have millions of other people. While I was there, I attended Mass in a real Catholic Church with real priests saying Mass. There was also a confession line that was truly amazing. I even found a CD of Elvis Love Songs when I was shopping in one of the stores there.

The food was excellent - they had a pitcher of homemade wine on the table every night with a lot of cucumber and tomato salad made with some wonderful light cheese. The sun was shining, and chickens were running free. There were vast marble patios everywhere, and even a truly amazing restroom with dozens of toilet stalls and access for the handicapped. The Stations of the Cross were situated at intervals on the way up the jagged rocky mountain. The priest that led us on our journey prayed the Stations of the Cross as we stopped at each station. The most moving experience was the way strangers from all over the world would grab my hand when I was coming down the mountain. I was afraid I would trip and break my leg. The groups of strangers were singing hymns in many different languages as they climbed the mountain.

The only other experience I have had that could hold a candle to this was the time I saw Pope John Paul II in a crowd of 100,000 people and choirs from all over the world were singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back