Marian Apparitions

• Thread starter Thread starter whatadeecee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whatadeecee

Why do I always hear of Mary appearing and not Jesus. Do you think there is a reason for this? Why doesn’t Jesus appear? or does He? Just curious.

Thanks.

40.png
whatadeecee:
Why do I always hear of Mary appearing and not Jesus. Do you think there is a reason for this? Why doesn’t Jesus appear? or does He? Just curious.

Thanks.
I can not answer why you have not heard of Jesus appearing but it was Jesus who appeared to St Faustina.

40.png
ByzCath:
I can not answer why you have not heard of Jesus appearing but it was Jesus who appeared to St Faustina.
Should have remembered that one. I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet every Friday.

Thanks.

Tell me I’m wrong, but Catholic faith does not require a Catholic to believe in Marian apparitions or any “special revelation.”

All that is needed for salvation is contained in general revelation, which ended with the death of the last of the original apostles.

Even if I were to generally accept that Mary appeared to someone, it is their special revelation, not mine.

We all believe in inspiration and we pray that all are inspired to faith. But, for me, apparitions are beyond the horizon. Peace in Christ.

It’s a strange quirk of our Church that there’s things you can take them or leave them, to put it one way.

40.png
BayCityRickL:
Even if I were to generally accept that Mary appeared to someone, it is their special revelation, not mine.
Yes, it is for them, but it may also be intended for you personally as well. Sometimes God will use the spread of private revelations to deliver messages to specific people.

For example, in my life, one passage in Sister (now Saint) Faustina’s diary was written for me to read. It was a message from God from me. It may be a message for other people as well. I was worrying too much and not letting God do what he wished, but he came through loud and clear through that passage. I recognized that God in that passage was talking directly to me and confirmed it in deep prayer.

Private revelations reveal no new truths within the Church, however, they can help us to see a new angle on a truth that is already present.

How many people would be able to handle it, if Jesus appeared to them in His glorified state? Would “Lord, I am not worthy. . .” be enough?

We can relate to Mary as our surrogate Mother, with less fear about our imperfections.

You may recall that Our Lord revealed His Sacred Heart to St. Margret Mary Alacoque also.

Paul W:
How many people would be able to handle it, if Jesus appeared to them in His glorified state? Would “Lord, I am not worthy. . .” be enough?

We can relate to Mary as our surrogate Mother, with less fear about our imperfections.
sure would like to try though… i’m sure i would hide my face and then miss the apparition after all… there you go… 👍

40.png
whatadeecee:

Thanks.
Perhaps it’s because Jesus is present to us whenever we need Him in the Holy Eucharist?

Dr. Colossus:
Perhaps it’s because Jesus is present to us whenever we need Him in the Holy Eucharist?
That’s a great answer. Thank you.

I believe Jesus appeared to Saint Theresa of Jesus once or twice while she was praying in her Carmel cell before she started on her reform of Carmel.

Either way, I believe that these revelations are reminders to us. And I know that I often need reminders to follow the Lord. It’s so easy to get distracted in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back