Marian Devotion 'sola scriptura'

  • Thread starter Thread starter traillius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

traillius

Guest
  1. " emnity between you and the woman, and between her seed and yours "
    the seed is Jesus, so the Woman is Mary.
  2. " She gave birth to a son, whom she named Jesus "
    Mary is the mother of Jesus.
  3. " I and the father are one "
    Jesus is God ( incarnate ) so Mary is the mother of God ( incarnate )
  4. " Jesus… A man like us in all things but sin "
    Jesus never sinned, so Jesus obeyed every commandment
    Jesus obeyed the 10 commandments.
    Jesus obeyed the fourth commandment.
    Jesus honored his Father ( God the Father ), also his foster father Joseph, and his
    mother Mary.
  5. We are grafted into Christ( spiritually ) Thus we have the same spiritual Mother, Mary.
  6. We are called to be sinless, thus we must obey the fourth ( and any other ) commandment. So we must honor our physical mother, and also our spiritual mother( mary )
  7. " Be imitators of Christ " Jesus Honored mary, per the fourth commandment, thus we must do the same, to imitate christ.
  8. Mary believed Jesus is the messiah, thus she lives.
  9. The queen mother, mary, is honored by her son the King, thus she is in heaven, and lives.
  10. The hail mary prayer is 1/2 direct scripture quote, and 1/2 asking the queen mother to ask her son on our behalf, just as solomon( for example ) would heed bathsheba’s requests.
    Since Sola Scriptura requires comparing scripture with scripture, anyone challenging these statement is welcome to present their onw scripture refutation, that we can examine and discuss.
 
  1. " emnity between you and the woman, and between her seed and yours "the seed is Jesus, so the Woman is Mary.
I would argue this is taken out of context. The “emnity between you and the woman”. Is God addressing satan. The woman in Eve, the “your seed” is satan’s.

btw I dont believe in sola scriptura, but thought I’d point this out 🙂

I agree with your overall post though. From my personal PoV honoring saints and praying the rosary is a good thing. cheers
 
I would argue this is taken out of context. The “emnity between you and the woman”. Is God addressing satan. The woman in Eve, the “your seed” is satan’s.

btw I dont believe in sola scriptura, but thought I’d point this out 🙂

I agree with your overall post though. From my personal PoV honoring saints and praying the rosary is a good thing. cheers
I will partially agree. The reason I said That the seed was Jesus was that the seed would crush the serpent’s head, and the serpent attack the seed’s heel. I guess that physically, that describes all humans and snakes, but if one considers it specific to Satan, then only Jesus could be the ‘head crusher with a wounded heel.’ regardless, I have yet to see a response that refutes the principle of marian devotion, with scripture to ‘counter’ my own scripture.
 
I would add Luke 1:48-49
… 48 for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; 49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top