Mark Shea Sensitive to Criticism

  • Thread starter Thread starter trth_skr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trth_skr

Guest
I have repeatedly tried leaving comments in the discussion section on Catholic Exchange on one of Mark Shea’s articles. They continually get deleted. I have posted the comments on my own blog.

Also, one of the commentors, sciencemom, unlike Mark Shea, actually attempts to refute some geocentric arguments. I have responded to her blogpiece, also. She links her articles in the comments of Shea’s article.

Mark Wyatt
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
 
I have repeatedly tried leaving comments in the discussion section on Catholic Exchange on one of Mark Shea’s articles. They continually get deleted. I have posted the comments on my own blog.

Also, one of the commentors, sciencemom, unlike Mark Shea, actually attempts to refute some geocentric arguments. I have responded to her blogpiece, also. She links her articles in the comments of Shea’s article.

Mark Wyatt
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
What does this have to do with apologetics?
 
I read the article and a few comments when it first came out. Did you ever receive a reason why your comments were deleted? Were they excessively long? I know on other articles I have seen heated disagreements. It doesn’t appear that they delete comments just because they disagree, but I don’t know, maybe.

Seems like there are bigger issues to worry about than geocentrism. I’m not sure why Mark Shea even brought it up or why some people are so insistent on it. The Catholic Church isn’t going to come tumbling down like a house of cards if it is “proved” that evolution or non-geocentrism is right.

My personal opinion is that geocentrism is just about as likely as the entire universe shifting back and forth while I throw a ball into the air and catch it. I can’t disprove it.

Also, what would’ve been the center of the universe before the earth came into being?
 
I read the article and a few comments when it first came out. Did you ever receive a reason why your comments were deleted?
No.
We they excessively long?
No. There are similar sized comments still present.
I know on other articles I have seen heated disagreements. It doesn’t appear that they delete comments just because they disagree, but I don’t know, maybe.
I was critical, but it was not heated. If you go to my blog, I post the deleted comments.
Seems like there are bigger issues to worry about than geocentrism. I’m not sure why Mark Shea even brought it up or why some people are so insistent on it. The Catholic Church isn’t going to come tumbling down like a house of cards if it is “proved” that evolution or non-geocentrism is right.
Probably. Most people are convinced that evolution is correct and that geocentrism is wrong, and everything in the Church and world is as good as it ever was- right? (😉 ).
My personal opinion is that geocentrism is just about as likely as the entire universe shifting back and forth while I throw a ball into the air and catch it. I can’t disprove it.
To general relativity, from your balls perspective the universe is shifting back and forth, and general relativity will balance out the forces to make this so. If not than big bang is gone (they need general relativity for the cosmological constant, or expansion). Of course if the big bang is wrong…
Also, what would’ve been the center of the universe before the earth came into being?
Remember the universe was created out of nothing, so there was no universe (in Genesis, the earth is created first).

Mark Wyatt
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
 
The sort of people who come to this forum to complain about another, completely unrelated forum are also very likely to be the sort of people who don’t understand at all why they were banned from that forum.

Jeremy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top