L
love4mary
Guest
All these posts and comments about how our Blessed Mother Mary LEADS us away from Jesus when we honor her.
When we see a beautiful sunrise/set, we admire the sight and thank God for allowing us to see it!
When we see colorful flowers paint the landscapes, we give thanks to God for giving us this beauty.
When we hold a baby, we give thanks to God for this precious gift of life.
The sunrise/set, the flowers and the babies are wonderous creations of God and instead of leading us AWAY from Him, they lead us TO Him who created it all. Mary is God’s greatest creation and when we show honor to her, we are always thanking God for her.
An artist would not paint a “masterpiece” and then hide it away in a dark closet, he displays it for all to enjoy. We admire the painting and give credit to the artist,its the same as we do with nature, we admire the beauty and grace and give all credit to the Creator…GOD… Mary is a Creation of God, in my opinion, His GREATEST creation of humanity, so when we honor her, we are focusing our eyes and hearts on the One who gave her to us…GOD.
When I kneel before a statue of Mary (and yes, I kneel before her statue and also the Cross and the Nativity sceen at Christmas) I am NOT worshipping these things as gods or worshipping Mary or the Cross or the Nativity sceen, I use them as a focal point in what they mean to me as a Catholic Christian, I am asking Mary through my prayers to take them to Jesus. She is NOT a mediator between me and God the Father, she INTERCEEDS for me, in otherwords, she joins her prayers with mine and takes them to her Son, who is the ONLY mediator between me and God the Father.
I can and DO go directly to Jesus in prayer,but I honor His mother as Jesus Himself does and sometimes ask for her help. She is my model of how a Perfect Follower of Jesus should be, humble and always focused on HIM.
When we see a beautiful sunrise/set, we admire the sight and thank God for allowing us to see it!
When we see colorful flowers paint the landscapes, we give thanks to God for giving us this beauty.
When we hold a baby, we give thanks to God for this precious gift of life.
The sunrise/set, the flowers and the babies are wonderous creations of God and instead of leading us AWAY from Him, they lead us TO Him who created it all. Mary is God’s greatest creation and when we show honor to her, we are always thanking God for her.
An artist would not paint a “masterpiece” and then hide it away in a dark closet, he displays it for all to enjoy. We admire the painting and give credit to the artist,its the same as we do with nature, we admire the beauty and grace and give all credit to the Creator…GOD… Mary is a Creation of God, in my opinion, His GREATEST creation of humanity, so when we honor her, we are focusing our eyes and hearts on the One who gave her to us…GOD.
When I kneel before a statue of Mary (and yes, I kneel before her statue and also the Cross and the Nativity sceen at Christmas) I am NOT worshipping these things as gods or worshipping Mary or the Cross or the Nativity sceen, I use them as a focal point in what they mean to me as a Catholic Christian, I am asking Mary through my prayers to take them to Jesus. She is NOT a mediator between me and God the Father, she INTERCEEDS for me, in otherwords, she joins her prayers with mine and takes them to her Son, who is the ONLY mediator between me and God the Father.
I can and DO go directly to Jesus in prayer,but I honor His mother as Jesus Himself does and sometimes ask for her help. She is my model of how a Perfect Follower of Jesus should be, humble and always focused on HIM.