MaryMonstrance:FAIL! or Beautiful Icon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KaneKatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I’m not Roman Catholic, I’m Byzantine it provides an Eastern Roman Catholic Approach since I have found that some Polish Churches will have some Eastern Aspects. When I first saw it I thought of the Panagia Platytera, which is an Icon above every Holy of Holies in Eastern Catholic and Orthodox Churches which are more appropriately called Temples. stgeorgegreenville.org/OurFaith/Feasts%20for%20Theotokos/Platytera-large.jpg This is a link to an Icon of the Platytera, which translates as “more spacious” referring to the Theotokos as an ark and Temple of the Holy Spirit.
 
You are right that it would be wrong to shove our belief’s down someone’s throat the way you mentioned earlier. Covering your walls with Picture’s of Our Lady when a protestant was coming to visit.
I agree, but it is also not needed to take down all your Marian pictures and statues when non-Catholics visit. This monstrance was at a Catholic Church, after all.
 
I agree, but it is also not needed to take down all your Marian pictures and statues when non-Catholics visit. This monstrance was at a Catholic Church, after all.
👍

I hope I did not imply the contrary.

God Bless
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top