S
sluhser589
Guest
As my first post here, I suppose I should give some background. I am a senior in a Jesuit high school. For the most part my theology classes have been the classes that have caused me to grow the most in both mind and spirit.
There is however one question regarding church teaching I have never received a clear answer on. I see a contradiction in two different teachings by the church and was hoping somebody could either clear it up for me.
The two teachings that do not seem to fit to me are Mary’s ever virginity and the need to consumate a marriage to complete it. If Mary and Joseph were married does that mean it was never legitamate because Mary was ever virgin? Or does it mean maybe Mary wasn’t ever virgin? Or does it mean that consumating a marriage is not necessary to make the marriage valid?
Unless I am mistaken on something, it seems one of these ideas has to budge to make the other two true.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
There is however one question regarding church teaching I have never received a clear answer on. I see a contradiction in two different teachings by the church and was hoping somebody could either clear it up for me.
The two teachings that do not seem to fit to me are Mary’s ever virginity and the need to consumate a marriage to complete it. If Mary and Joseph were married does that mean it was never legitamate because Mary was ever virgin? Or does it mean maybe Mary wasn’t ever virgin? Or does it mean that consumating a marriage is not necessary to make the marriage valid?
Unless I am mistaken on something, it seems one of these ideas has to budge to make the other two true.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.