Mary's Little Son

  • Thread starter Thread starter McKevin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McKevin

Guest
The Word of the Father became Mary’s little Son and His Love reached all the way to where I was…Jesus is changing my life and my Catholic Faith Journey has been awesome! I’m a PK (preacher’s kid) convert who has come to understand John Chapter 6 in a real way and I plan to print this thread and include it in the Christmas cards that I give to my family!

…so please share with me (and my family) What does it mean to be a Catholic Christian?
<>
McKevin
 
Everything, and I mean every single thing Jesus intended us to have while we are on this earth. We have it in the Catholic Church
 
McKevin,

God bless you with strength, wisdom, and love so that you can continue taking your journey toward God.

I’ve been always a Catholic all my life; however, until this year, my eyes are opened and feel so much love from God. I love to go to adoration and attend daily mass for I believe in Jesus’ presence in the Eucharist.

I was blessed to have a supernatural experience while praying with the rosary one night. (before this night, I only did 10 Hail Mary per day). From that night on, I do not want to give up praying with the entire rosary. It helps me to mediate on all Jesus’ Mysteries and feel so much closer to Him, Virgin Mary, my friends, co-workers, strangers, etc…

Part of being a Catholic Christian to me – If I want to learn from someone on how to love Jesus, I would come to Virgin Mary who was and still is His Mother, and you know that mother knows best!

God is great and Merry Christmas to you and your family.
 
:)* "As we look forward to celebrating the birth of Jesus, we continue the journey into hope that gives us our future. Reaching toward the Holy Mystery at the center of our lives, we listen for voices that will speak of infinite compassion – as the prophets did. We look for signs of the justice they called for, yearn for a peace beyond all the narrow boundaries of national self-interest. Once more we seek to imagine the unimaginable: that goodness, truth and mercy might pitch a tent among us, dwell in our midst, be the solace and savior of our world. We are preparing to open our hearts to “the hint half guessed, the gift half understood”: the birth of eternity in time, a young girl’s womb bearing the fruit of the ages . . .

While the most tender of our liturgical celebrations, Christmas is also utterly realistic. It kneels not before a single child, but before all the children for whom this child was born. It kneels in the parish church we visit with our families, but also on every continent where loving mothers bend over newborn girls and boys of every color, tongue and culture. Whether in suffering or joy, at times of peace or war, among the rich or the poor, Christmas is the charter of the Christian imagination to see again and again, in ever new ways, and without end, how Christ was born in Bethlehem so that his brothers and sisters might be born of his same Holy Spirit until the end of time."* ** (Imagining the unimaginable** by Former Georgetown University president Jesuit Father Leo O’Donovan, in a Christmas essay for the National Catholic Reporter on December 22, 2006)

ncronline.org/NCR_Online/archives2/2006d/122206/122206a.php

A Christmas gift . . .
interviewwithgod.com/theoriginal.htm 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top