Mary's role in Everyday life

• Thread starter Thread starter GloriaDeo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GloriaDeo

I understand that Mary is regarded as being full of grace and should be adored as with the apostles. However, if she is not equal to Jesus, what role does she play in our day-to-day life? And why not revere John or David in the same manner?

I’m really stuck on this issue. No other doctrine of the RCC baffles me as near as much.

Mary is the perfect example of how to live your life according to the will of God. She was as perfectly united to her son as any human being can be. She should be our example, the example we strive to follow in our every day life!

If you want to understand Mary’s role, read some of the writings of Exorcists. They will all tell you what affect her intercession has on the evil spirits. They (the evil spirits) also fear the Rosary. Since all of life is a fight of good vs evil, I want the most powerful people on my side in the fight. You see God put emnity between the woman and the devil.

40.png
GloriaDeo:
… And why not revere John or David in the same manner?
because Mary is the highest of all creatures, we revere her im a devotion called hyper-dulia, as opposed to *dulia * with which we revere the saints and the angels.

“She is the masterpiece of God, His finest creation, His dwelling place.”

“She is the Queen of Heaven and Earth.”

Well for openers we should never adore Mary. We reserve our adoration for the Lord. There are many reasons why we honor her as first among the saints, as when we confess our sinfulness at Mass we say, *"*I ask Blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and to you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.”
We ask all the saints, and our brothers and sisters to pray for us, but we ask Mary first, because she is the only creature who was born without sin and remained without sin throughout her life, because she is the Lord’s mother, and because the Lord has given her to us as our spiritual mother.
Other arguments can be made that are more theological, such as the fact that she carried Our Lord in her womb, and so is the like the Ark of the Convenant. This is why we call her the Mother of God, not to honor her but to profess the divinity of Christ.
In the tradition of the kings of the Davidic Line, the queen mother sat at the right had of the King and was the most powerful interssor in the kingdom. We accept Christ as our King, and we honor His mother as the Queen Mother, and so we ask her to pray on our behalf.
We honor John, David and all the saints, but none is as worthy or as special as Mary, Mother of God.
In my every day life I pray to Mary a great deal. I pray the Hail Mary whenever I am faced with a temptation, or an uninvited thought enters my mind. I say the Angelus prayer in the morning and the evening, sorry I can never get it done at noon. I pray a Rosary every day, for an end to abortion. The mysteries of the Rosary are centered on the life of Christ, but the Hail Mary prayer is a framework for meditation. We ask Mary to help us to meditate on the Christ. In my eveing prayers, I say the Prayers of the Legion of Mary, which includes Mary’s Magnificat (Luke). It would be fair to say that I call on Mary quite a bit. I ask her help, but I adore the Christ. I adore Him when I receive the Eucharist at Mass (most days) and when I visit the Adoration Chapel (most days). I adore Him because He is the Lord of Lord’s and the King of Kings, and I honor His mother, the most perfect of all His creatures.
I hope this thoughts are helpful to you.
Charliemac

Very well done Charliemac. That was beautiful. I can’t add much to that, but I also pray the Hail Mary throughout the day for regular intentions. She, as Christ’s Mother, bring us closer to her son, and while we can pray directly to Christ, she is a powerful intercessor because of her special relationship with her son and her position in the Kingdom (as Queen Mother). Think of her as the Moon, and Christ as the Sun. The source of all light and energy in this solar system (on a physical level) is the Sun, yet the moon radiates light down to us as well…but the moon’s light is just that light that it reflects from the sun.

God bless through Mary our Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back