Mary's Vocation

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael_Howard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael_Howard

I am a newcomer to the faith and glad to be here. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on Mary’s vocation for the end-times and how her Son Jesus might be using her to bring about His glorious return.

She reminds me somewhat of John the Baptist who was called to “make straight the way of the Lord” except on a much grander scale. Perhaps she will be used to convert Islam to the true faith? One hint being the name “Fatima” daughter of Mohammed. I know that the Muslims have high regard for her. What are your thoughts, am I way off base here? Let me know.
God Bless

Well, St Louis deMontfort said that just like she was the vessel through which Christ first came to this world, she too will precede His glorious second coming, (of course not in the same way!)

He also said that if before Mary was so humble and hidden that the Holy Ghost chose to inspire the evangelists to write little of her, only enough so that she can be known and understood; in the second coming she will be in her grandeur and heavenly glory. :eek: 👍

That’s actually very beautiful, thank you:)

I was reading “Esther” through Catholic eyes and it seems perhaps Esther was a type of Mary in the end times. I also realized her names means “Hidden” kind simliar to what De Monfort describes about Mary ealy on. Esther was hidden but then came to the forfront to save the Jewsih race from Mordachai and in the end was triumphant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back