Mass on Thanksgiving Day?

• Thread starter Thread starter Timidity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timidity

There’s no requirement to go to Mass on Thanksgiving Day, but do you go anyway?

I go to mass every Wednesday evening and will be going this Wednesday evening in honor of Thanksgiving. DD will also be serving.

Oops, forgot to answer my own question.

I can’t remember if we went to Mass on Thanksgiving as a kid, but I suspect not. I didn’t go last year, but I was calling myself Catholic last year either. I’m thinking about it for this year.

How could I pass up the chance to witness a true miracle? To have my Lord physically with me, within me? To be with a community of people who think the same way? (Being that those who are at the Mass on Thanksgiving are not obligated to be there)

I attend Mass every chance I can. To witness the representation of the Passion of Our Lord in an unbloody form, and to recieve Him, body, blood, soul, divinity is more important than any feast, football game or family gathering I can think of.

In His Peace !

It’s very popular in our parish. We have a tri-lingual seervice [English, Spanish and Vietnamese]. The Vietnamese bring over a thousand loaves of bread to be blessed and given to each participant for their dinner. [Excellent French Bread from their bakery.]

That sounds beautiful, Joe. We have just bi-lingual (English-Spanish) As this is not a big day in Mexico, it is interesting how folks new to our country, quickly pick up the tradition. Just like the lone leper that returned to thank Jesus, we are called to give thanks for the many gifts we have received. Some years I have felt like the lone leper as our church was not exactly filled as it should be.

God bless you and your family and Happy Thanksgiving!
Deacon Tony SFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back