Masses missed long ago?

• Thread starter Thread starter princz23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princz23

If my husband and I used to be lax in our faith out of a lack of knowledge or willingness to be led by the Holy Spirit and missed mass a year or two ago, but have since then had our eyes opened, would we still be in mortal sin and need to confess this before receiving the Eucharist?

40.png
princz23:
If my husband and I used to be lax in our faith out of a lack of knowledge or willingness to be led by the Holy Spirit and missed mass a year or two ago, but have since then had our eyes opened, would we still be in mortal sin and need to confess this before receiving the Eucharist?
Go to confession, clear your conscience and move forward in your spiritual growth. This isn’t something to repeat in the future, but it is easily cleared up in the confessional. You’ve learned your lesson and we’re all just happy to have you home. 👍

You said this was a year or two ago. If you have already confessed this, then you don’t have to keep confessing it. As Fr. Corapi says: When you confess it, God forgets it

The Lord has blessed us when he cast our sins behind his back.

If you have not yet gone to confession for this sin, but you have made a perfect act of contrition, you may receive communion, with the stipulation that you intend to go to confession as soon as possible.

And welcome back to full participation in our glorious faith! :clapping:

I confessed this today! God has blessed us so with the sacrament of confession. If only I had understood it sooner! Thank you all for your posts. I love this place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back