H
Hotchkiss
Guest
I do apologize for leading this thread astray. I had no idea this matter was so divisive on this forum.“… but you can engage in a spiritual communion with Jesus and you are welcome at the great majority of Catholic parishes to process up for a blessing from a priest or deacon during communion.”
Hotchkiss, please let us not start again this business of joining the Communion line just to get a blessing from the Priest. After all the discussion on this forum about this practice I thought it was understood that one does not enter the Communion line unless one is going to receive the Holy Eucharist.
Everyone receives a blessing from the Priest at the end of the Mass. If the OP wishes to have an individual blessing then he should approach the Priest after Mass.
I recommend that the OP search out some prayers for a Spiritual Communion and pray one of those while remaining in his pew during the period when Communion is being distributed.
![]()
I just follow my bishop. If I were in a situation where I could not receive Holy Communion in my home diocese I would most certainly accept my bishop’s most gracious offer to receive a blessing during communion. An offer he has the authority to make.
That’s all I will say on the matter.