Media Skeptism and Fearfullness of The Holy Spirit

• Thread starter Thread starter PJPTheGreat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJPTheGreat

Am I the only one who notices that everytime the press mentions the Conclave or the steps towards St. Peters successor, they just cannot accept the idea that we as Catholics truly believe that The Holy Spirit is the guiding light for which the Cardinals follow towards white smoke rising from the Chapel. The “politicing” that the media claims is flooding the Vatican is so clearly transparent and their way to escape their own fears of the faithful. I think this past two weeks has been a great eye opener to the iggnorant and misguided journalists who primarily looked upon Catholics as “fanatics” or “bible thumping” brainwashed suckers. I’m 28 years old and, of course, John Paul II has been my only pope. I have a feeling of anxiousness due to the life changing legacy PJP II has left. We as Catholics can only hope and pray that his legacy lives on with each successor to Peter, The Rock.

There was an article in yesterday’s (Sunday) New York Times “Week in Review” section about the conclave. It looked at the conclave from a purely sociological point of view – how groups make decisions. No mention at all of the Holy Spirit, or the fact that the Cardinals (hopefully) place their trust in Him, and seek His guidance.

Reminded me of why I am a FORMER daily New York Times reader (except for the employment classifieds).

Speaking of the New York Times and it’s slimy reputation among clear minded indivisuals…the infamous “journalist” Paul Krugman actually had the nerve to speak out about PJP’s “arrogance” in believing that The Virgin Mary interceded in his escape from assasination. Do these faith-fearing liberals even think before they vomit words onto their columns? Just a thought… God Bless.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/img/gpii_index.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back