Medical ethics questions

• Thread starter Thread starter LPeter2020
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LPeter2020

Hi, I have some complex medical questions that I need advice on. All of the treatments options I have affect my fertility. Where can I go for answers on this?

It is also “super awkward” sharing personal health information of an intimate nature with strangers on an Internet forum. I realize that many people think the anonymity of sharing with strangers in this way is easier than discussing it in person with a priest, however, we are just random laypeople, not experts on medical or moral matters. We also often end up telling people with personal health/ sex/ reproductive concerns that they really need to talk to their priests in person.

In addition, you should try to get over feeling like talking to your priest is awkward. People often have issues pertaining to their personal health or their sexual or reproductive functions that require the counsel of a priest, or perhaps a deacon if you have one - some married couples find it more helpful to talk to a deacon who himself has been married for some years, rather than an unmarried priest. You will likely get the best advice by discussing this in person with those clergy in charge of providing pastoral care for you.

God bless

Last edited:
Thanks again for your advice. I guess I should have been more specific with my question. I was looking for someplace to go like the Catholic Bioethics site mentioned above. Enjoy the rest of your day. God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back