Medjugorje true apparition or not?

• Thread starter Thread starter Little_Flower
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Little_Flower

Do you think these apparitions are authentic? I have read numerous documents that lead me think they are not. I have read something by the Bishop that clearly stated that nothing supernatural was going on there. Yet, even Mother Angelica treatas them as valid. Your thoughts?

Little Flower:
Do you think these apparitions are authentic? I have read numerous documents that lead me think they are not. I have read something by the Bishop that clearly stated that nothing supernatural was going on there. Yet, even Mother Angelica treatas them as valid. Your thoughts?
The local bishop has condemned them.

My issues have to deal with the disobedience of the local franscicans and the “seers”. As well as the “messages” telling the seers to be disobedient.

I think if you do a search of the forum for Medjugorje you will find much that has already been posted here.

I have a tape of Father Malachi Martin interviewed by Bernard Jantzen and he talks about the apparition as being a Hoax.

I would be very skeptical of this apparition. As far as I know it hasn’t been approved by the church.

tradcatmel

Did you know that the seers told blasphemous and sacreligious jokes to the 1000’s of Catholics that went there every day and the Catholics just laughed. Didn’t even know the jokes were bad. My priest showed me the jokes. I never believed it. It’s either a hoax or diabolical.

One thing that I wondered. Didn’t the seers say the visions were going to end like years ago and yet they continue? Is it possible they are keeping it going to wait for a new bishop?

Scott

Scott Waddell:
One thing that I wondered. Didn’t the seers say the visions were going to end like years ago and yet they continue? Is it possible they are keeping it going to wait for a new bishop?

Scott
Scott,
You hit on another topic that troubles me. Every approved apparition where the Virgin Mary has given a date for the last message has ended on that date. Fatima is one that comes to mind quickly.

So the “seers” say that Mary gave them a date for the end. That date came and passed. So are the “seers” saying that Mary lied?

Try reading a book called The Miracle Detective by Randall Sullivan. I found it both at the public library and at Barnes and Noble. I found it especially interesting because I have actually travelled to Medjugorje. Whether you believe in the apparitions or not, Medjugorje is an awesome place to visit. The official website for Medjugorje is www.medjugorje.hr. I only saw one of the visionaries, Ivan. He seemed very humble and sincere. As far as the Bishop of Mostar saying they are false, there is an ancient animosity between the regular diocese and the Franciscans. I think this explains a lot of it. There is a beautiful large church there with a wonderful plaza made of marble. Hundreds of people were lining up to go to confession. There was a Mass every hour until afternoon, on weekdays, each in a different language. People come away from there spiritually renewed.

I have a lot of misgivings about Mejugorje form what has occurred their. The principle issue for me has been the lack of obedience. I have not heard of any other apparitions where seers were advised against obedience to the church.

It stirkes me as strange too, and I may be wrong about this, but I believe that not one fo them joined a religious order. No it’s not imperative for seers to that. But so many do at some point in time, and there were so amny seers of Medjugorje that I think it’s odd that not one became ordained in any way.

People claim that good things have happened from the alleged apparitions there. Breige McKenna had mentioend Medjugore positively too, and I have a great respect for her opinion, but at the same time, her comments come from the 1980s, before the end date was mentioned and ignored, and the scandals came to light.

There won’t be an official ruling by the Church until they end. No messages of apparitions should contradict church teachings. And many messages of the apparitions that have been approved by the church seem to overlap: pray and offer sacrifices and try to bring people to God through your example of trying to emulate your life on the model of Christ’s.

I remember the first time I read a booklet about what our Lady was supposed to have been saying in these apparitions. I straight away rejected it. It was the early 90’s. I could be wrong. But I don’t think I am. I am a great devotee of our Lady of Fatima. And when you listen to her speak there, you do not find a wishy washy emotional woman, as you do at Medjugore. I was told there may be a problem about translation by my parish priest. Who was open because of all the good coming from it. He is orthodox, holy and wise. He is the one that showed me the terrible jokes being said a few years ago. He is totally against it now. It’s not the same woman as Fatima.
And all seers of this potential importance in history, if genuine, went on to become religious. Most of these have left and gone back to their lives I believe. I will not follow the messages.

I have been there and thought it was nice,and had many problems with it also, but you know what? It doesn’t (shouldn’t) really matter to us. There are good messages that come from there, but since it is not approved, why bother with it?

St. John of the Cross when speaking on discerning these sort of things (private revalation) states to not even to bother discerning them at all, because if they are from God and God wants you to know, they will not go away etc. etc…the important thing is to bring them to your confessor and do what your confessor and follow him.

Also, I have noticed that a lot of people following the appartions seem more excited about the miracles than our faith itself…I have been in this situation…anyway, we need to stick by our Church especially in these trying times, and always…Our Blesses Mother will not shun us for that at all…You could even tell her “Mother, I don’t care if you are appearing or not in Medjugorje, it does not concern me, but I do know that I want to be you servant, so that you may keep me always close to the Heart of Jesus”…that is probably what she wants to hear…

**Notice:

This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back