Memoried the Apostle's Creed?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jenlyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenlyn

For the life of me I cannot memorize the Apostle’s Creed! :nope: I have to have the little rosary book just for that. Anyone else have this problem? :ehh:

worse - I say the Rosary every day. I can remember the Apostles Creed, but then I get it mixed up with the Nicene Creed and the other Creeds…so sometimes at Mass start off and then stumble over the words…which is not bad unless you are a member of the RCIA team…:o

40.png
LSK:
worse - I say the Rosary every day. I can remember the Apostles Creed, but then I get it mixed up with the Nicene Creed and the other Creeds…so sometimes at Mass start off and then stumble over the words…which is not bad unless you are a member of the RCIA team…:o
Yeah, I have the same problem and end up reading the Creed at Mass in order to say the correct words.

I mix it up with the Nicene creed unless I read it off of a holy card.

It took me a while (and more than a few rosaries) to get used to the Apostles’ Creed. I’m so used to the Nicene Creed from Mass that I didn’t know the Apostles’ Creed for a long time.

-ACEGC

I usually use the Nicine Creed with I pray the Rosary. I know it better…

Sometimes I may get my Our Father and my Glory Be out of order. I don’t say “well, I messed it up and have to start over”. Sometimes I pray the Fatima prayer, sometimes not. Sometimes, I get the mysteries all mixed up.

Remember, this is not rocket sceince, it is prayer 🙂

So…am I the only one so far that has memorized both the Nicene Creed and the Apostles Creed - and NOT get them mixed up?? :confused:

The only way I was able to do this was when I was very young, my mother taught me the Apostles Creed. Then I noticed the Nicene Creed at Mass was very similiar, only with extra words.

Hope that helps!

I pray the Rosary every day so I do remember the Apostles Creed and at every Mass at our local church it is the Apostles Creed we say.

I also get them mixed up. It got so bad I couldn’t say either without combining the two. I am glad I found this thread, I thought I was the only mental lightweight 😃

I have reinforced the Apostles Creed by saying the Chaplet of Mercy every day. Now that I am past that, I say it 2-3 times a day!!!

Now back to that darn Nicene Creed…

Oh golly! I have struggled with this too. At Mass I can rattle off the Nicene Creed without missing a beat or looking at the book at all. Outside of Mass?? I cannot recite the whole thing without stumbling. Funny, huh?

As for the Apostles Creed - I am not yet as devoted to praying the Rosary as frequently as i would like. Work in progress. I must use my little booklet for the Creed and Mysteries. I imagine it will come with time though.

Growing up Calvinist we had to memorize both as children. they used the Apostle’s creed most of the time. I just always thought of the Nicean creed as the expanded version.

When I was a kid I could memorize both creeds. Now I can only remember the Nicene. I pray a daily rosary, but I still have to read the Apostle’s Creed, otherwise I end of saying some kind of cross-breed-creed.

Oh Yeah…I mix them up alot, however I know the Apostle’s Creed better b/c I say the Chaplet of Devine Mercy often and also I’m getting better at the Rosary. At Mass I just recite the Nicene Creed with the congragation and hope I don’t slip up. hehe

You all give me hope that I am not totally:confused: :whacky: :confused: !!(Well, not 😛 yet, anyhow!!) I mix the creeds up, & I am always afraid that I left something out…Now I can relax because I know it is not just me…other people have the same problem.

i know what you’re talking about…i know basically what is said, so if i’m saying the Rosary and don’t have my booklet thingy i just make it up. i can’t say either of the creeds word-for-word outside of Mass :confused: i’m working on it though. sometimes i re-create the prayers by using my own words to say the same thing (paraphrasing?) i find that helps me concentrate on the meaning better and i don’t get bored or off-track blushes i still don’t say the rosary enough, but i’ve been trying…
~Cecilia

Oh, pish posh… if we were all required to memorise the Athanasian Creed, then these two would be a cinch then!!

I too had trouble, but rather with the Nicene Creed. It took me years until one day, I could say it with ease :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back