MERGED: confirmation dress color?/proper dress?

  • Thread starter Thread starter beegirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beegirl

Guest
I’m getting confirmed with the rest of my RCIA class at the Easter Vigil Mass this Saturday! 😃
I’m just wondering what kind of dress would be best to wear…I mean obviously its got to be modest and appropriate, but color wise? (I don’t know if this makes a difference but I’ve already been baptized, so this is just confirmation) Would something with red and white be okay? :confused: Thanks!
 
I’m getting confirmed with the rest of my RCIA class at the Easter Vigil Mass this Saturday! 😃
I’m just wondering what kind of dress would be best to wear…I mean obviously its got to be modest and appropriate, but color wise? (I don’t know if this makes a difference but I’ve already been baptized, so this is just confirmation) Would something with red and white be okay? :confused: Thanks!
Yes, red and white would be OK. There is no required colour of clothing for any of the sacraments, beyond that which might be imposed by your parish. In ours we ask only that children and adults be dressed in clean and modest clothing.
 
I’m getting confirmed with the rest of my RCIA class at the Easter Vigil Mass this Saturday! 😃
I’m just wondering what kind of dress would be best to wear…I mean obviously its got to be modest and appropriate, but color wise? (I don’t know if this makes a difference but I’ve already been baptized, so this is just confirmation) Would something with red and white be okay? :confused: Thanks!
I’m assuming your parish hasn’t given you any specific directions on colors, so I would say red and white would be perfectly appropriate. Red is one of the colors we often associate with the Holy Spirit, so that would make sense. Otherwise, I would go with something light and Eastery.
 
I wore black and white to mine. Red and white sounds great. I’d just go with something kind of light, because it is spring.

-Jeanne
 
I will be receiving Confirmation next month and I wanted to know what sort of dress would be acceptable for this ceremony.
 
It really depends on the traditional followed at your Parish. I encourage you to ask whoever has been preparing you for confirmation about what to wear.

We tell our confirmands to dress appropriately as you would for Church.

God Bless You on this important step in your Christian Journey!
 
I am assuming you’re female?

I’d wear a knee-length dress in a nicer fabric (not cotton or knit) that has at least short sleeves - or if not, have a little cardigan over it. Sort of an afternoon wedding type of dress but less strappy. Or a nice lightweight skirted suit in light colors might be pretty.
 
Does anyone have some suggestions for shirt color(s) appropriate for the Celebration of the Lord’s Passion this evening?

I really have no eye for fashion, and consequently have three dress shirt colors: white, blue, and a standard purple that I dug out of the closet this morning. I’m leaning towards the purple, but considering that this can be considered the color of royalty, and that it was the color of the ragged cloak the centurions placed on Christ during his Passion, I’m not sure if I should wear it.

Considering that half the congregants will probably be wearing casual clothes, I may be overthinking this, but my intent is to show respect for our Lord in His suffering and death, and to avoid offending the long-time parishioners.
 
I have the perfect solution for this. It works for me every time. Take all the possible shirts you might want to wear, hang them on hangers in your closet. Close your eyes and do a few rotations. Now, stick out your arm and pick a shirt. Voila! You have found a suitable shirt for Good Friday.

Seriously, I have the option of purple, purple, purple, teal, purple or white (I only own it because I needed it for Convocation). Take a guess at what I’ll be wearing tonight? Yup, teal.

As long as your dressed respectful for what you’re attending, you’ll be fine.
 
My dress code for holy week has been easy.

Black cassock, white surplice. 😃
40.png
bearer:
white, blue, and a standard purple
All of these should be fine.
 
Do
Considering that half the congregants will probably be wearing casual clothes, I may be overthinking this,.
yes you are, just wear your work clothes if you have to work today, or what you normally wear to church. nobody else cares they are thinking about the Lord, not fashion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top