• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allwinvar

Why hindu gods perform miracles?
Jesus is the only healer?

Last edited:
Hindu gods do not perform miracles; they may only seem to.

I think it would be helpful to keep in mind that God is the God of all of humanity, not just of Catholics and other Christians. As such, God can hear the prayers of non-Christians, even if they are not addressed to him, and may choose to answer them.

God and his saints can and often do answer prayers and perform miracles for non-Christians. For instance, St. Charbel’s first miracle was healing the child of a non-Christian Lebanese woman.

We should not deign to impose limits on God, or presume to hold that God does not answer the prayers of Hindus. Even if they do not know or worship him, God is still the God of the Hindus, as he is God of all creatures, and loves them dearly. He may well choose to answer their prayers.

This is the way I see it, but I am aware that there are numerous rebuttals and considerations; one, for instance, being that why would God perform a miracle that might strengthen a Hindu’s faith in a Hindu deity. Since I have never carefully studied any Hindu miracles, nor have I ever heard of any that didn’t turn out to have a simple scientific explanation (indeed, like some Christian miracles), I cannot say for sure, other than that I cannot begin to understand the intentions of God.

Hope this helps.

God bless.

God and his saints can and often do answer prayers and perform miracles for non-Christians. For instance, St. Charbel’s first miracle was healing the child of a non-Christian Lebanese woman.
Wow, I did not know that. I love that he spent 23 years living as a hermit in the 19th century, when supposedly nobody was doing that anymore. Gotta love the hermits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back