Miraculous Icon

• Thread starter Thread starter rjs1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rjs1

I posted the following question on the apologists’ board and did not receive a reply so I am hoping that someoene else may be able to help.

I heard years ago about a miraculous icon that was carried by God (i.e. supernaturally) into a Catholic Church, which I think was in Italy, and that the icon was then suspended a few centimetres from a wall and held in place by God’s power. Further, the icon has continued to be suspended in the same place ever since.

This is the account I was told. Does anyone know if it is true? Does anyone know anything about it? If it is true then it surely must be one of the great miracles, because it is continuous and constantly available for people to see.

This may be the image of Our Lady of Good Counsel in Genazzano, Italy. Feel free to look it up
God Bless

LSK said:
traditioninaction.org/religious/a004rp.htm

What a wonderful story! Does anyone know if this is an ‘approved’ mriacle?

It is indeed a beautiful story. However I found out about it from another website. I suggest great caution with the traditioninaction website because it must be sede vacantist from the insulting way it refers to the last two popes as Pope Ratzinger and Pope Wojtyla.

40.png
CathMass:
This may be the image of Our Lady of Good Counsel in Genazzano, Italy. Feel free to look it up
God Bless
I looked up the title you gave and you must be right. The history of the icon of Our Lady of Good Counsel in Genazzano fits exactly with what I had heard about. Thank you!

I would like to read posts from anyone who has seen the image.

If it is still suspended from the wall, as the article I read said it is, then it is a continuous miracle. What an answer to the atheists! What an ongoing call to turn back to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back