3
3DOCTORS
Guest
I hadn’t thought of the communal blessings as many of you have suggested - kind of an oversight on my part just in general appreciation of the Mass.
I appreciate the reminder. That would be a good thing for priests to emphasize.
We all focus on the readings, the Eucharistic Prayer, the Creed, Gloria, and other prayers. Don’t know if I’m explaining this right. I mean, I do focus on the blessings but I guess I saw their communal context and kind of didn’t make the connection that they are also meant for each individual.
Of course, that doesn’t entirely solve the problem of “is my friend going to feel excluded from Holy Communion, and I know that’s just the way it is, yet it’s still awkward.” She does have some understanding of what a sacrament is and I fear she will wish to be part of that part of the Mass as well. But there I go again, trying to be clairvoyant! Yikes! Must stop that.
Guess I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and 1) PRAY, 2) Talk with Father, and 3) talk with my friend.
If you would have time to pray for me and this situation too, I’d sure be grateful.
We all focus on the readings, the Eucharistic Prayer, the Creed, Gloria, and other prayers. Don’t know if I’m explaining this right. I mean, I do focus on the blessings but I guess I saw their communal context and kind of didn’t make the connection that they are also meant for each individual.
Of course, that doesn’t entirely solve the problem of “is my friend going to feel excluded from Holy Communion, and I know that’s just the way it is, yet it’s still awkward.” She does have some understanding of what a sacrament is and I fear she will wish to be part of that part of the Mass as well. But there I go again, trying to be clairvoyant! Yikes! Must stop that.
Guess I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and 1) PRAY, 2) Talk with Father, and 3) talk with my friend.
If you would have time to pray for me and this situation too, I’d sure be grateful.