Missed Mass due to Self Isolation

• Thread starter Thread starter Arimor
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arimor

All,

I came home for Christmas and had to self-isolate during Sunday, essentially missing Mass.

I had been to confession the previous day, however.

I haven’t been able to attend confession to confess I missed Mass.

My question is, is this something I need to confess as it was beyond my control?

I really want to receive Holy Communion during midnight Mass tonight, however am concerned that I might be in a state of mortal sin.

As an aside, I didn’t watch Mass online as I was very tired from not having slept (spent the previous night at the airport)…

Many thanks and God bless.

I think you’re good. If you were unable to attend mass because you had a legitimate reason (typically things like car wont start, bad weather, etc.) I think you’re fine. I guess I could always be wrong, but it might have honestly been more of a sin to possibly expose others to covid. I would give your parish priest a call and he will let you know for sure.

Hope that helps!

Thank you JesusitrustinYou1, this is what my parents have also said. Re COVID, I caught it end of March this year. I’ve had swab tests since then, they’ve all been negative.

However as I suspected I had caught it in March, I decided to get an antibody test done a few months ago, and that came back positive. The likelihood of me getting re-infected is highly unlikely, I believe there’s only ever been 20 people worldwide who’ve allegedly been reinfected (that’s from over 70 million people who’ve been diagnosed positive so far).

If I had never caught it, I don’t think I’d have come home for Christmas.

God bless.

I came home for Christmas and had to self-isolate during Sunday, essentially missing Mass.
Most dioceses have a dispensation in place, anyway, due to the pandemic. So there is no Sunday obligation to confess having missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back