A
Abscondita
Guest
Anyone out there interested in monastic life? If so, lets get started.
Okay, as a married man I don’t qualify.Hi Leopard,
I am in the beginning stage of forming a monastic order for women. This thread is
to get (name removed by moderator)ut from members that are familar with monastic spirituality. This spirituality
can be practiced by lay persons which some refer to as contemplative prayer.
I am interested in discussing the benefits of monastic life and contemplative prayer.
Also if there are women who may be considering entering a monastey.
Pax,
Abscondita
Dear Abscondita,Hi Leopard,
I am in the beginning stage of forming a monastic order for women. This thread is
to get (name removed by moderator)ut from members that are familar with monastic spirituality. This spirituality
can be practiced by lay persons which some refer to as contemplative prayer.
I am interested in discussing the benefits of monastic life and contemplative prayer.
Also if there are women who may be considering entering a monastey.
Pax,
Abscondita
I understand that lay persons can indeed be gifted with infused contemplative prayer and continue to live in the world, but your sentence seems to equate “monastic spirituality” which involves a withdrawal from the world to live in a monastery, with “contemplative prayer” which can be experienced anywhere.…This spirituality can be practiced by lay persons which some refer to as contemplative prayer…