More Magisterium less inspired people

• Thread starter Thread starter brown_bear
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brown_bear

Many people present their personal opinions as irrefutable truths.

“Can I keep a medical hat in church, having a deep wound on my skull?”
“No! You would go straight to hell, already for having thought about it I don’t know how it will end!”

Now, with the same constancy with which some evangelicals that I knew asked: «Scripture, please! Show us the verses! ", I would ask the inspired people: “Magisterium, please! Canonical code, please! Show us the exact passage!”

Alternatively, get off the gestatorial chair and write: “In my humble and poor and questionable opinion …”

Too many young or frail people fall victim to them.

I have little patience.

I try to pose as a patient man but by nature I am quite the opposite.

So yes! The Bruce Willis option is always the first to come to my mind 😉

Rant over?
Not sure if it is a rant, or a reasoned thought about the divisiveness of the internet - a matter being discussed by some outside of Catholic Answers.

Intelligent discussion in all too many circumstances seems no longer possible. While that appears to be primarily around matters politic, or matters now considered to be politic, it is running rampant in a significant part of society. Cancel culture, which 15 years ago was nowhere near what it is now, sends multinational corporations in to paroxysms of mea culpas and virtue signaling.

Certainly it has not infected Catholic Answers to such a degree; but having been a member for more than a year or two, I have watched any number of arm chair theologian wannabes expound and pontificate on matters of which they have minimal “expertise”, if any. it is easy to follow someone who aligns with or perhaps has even instigated one’s prejudices. It is far harder to research, and to accept information from, the Magisterium, particularly when it seems to contradict what one “knows is right”.

I see many weak people, perhaps scrupulous, who are mistreated.

Maltreatment often consists of giving them binding indications where the Church has not given them.

Fragile people must be protected, and the first protection in my opinion is to force everyone to refer to the Magisterium, or to say: “Don’t worry, it’s just my opinion”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back