Most popular Medal

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crucifix is fairly popular, as I’ve seen it on Catholics and Protestants alike. However, in my area, where there are a lot of Pentecostals, Baptists, Evangelicals, and non-denominationals, the plain cross is more common. I personally wear a Miraculous medal and a Papal Crucifix.

St. Christopher Medals are also popular, even with non-Catholics.

-ACEGC

I wear the medal with The Scapular Medal, St. Joseph, St. Christopher and a Miraculous medal all in one.

40.png
Jayson:
I wear the medal with The Scapular Medal, St. Joseph, St. Christopher and a Miraculous medal all in one.
Me too. It’s commonly called the 4 way medal. I also wear a crucifix.

Me too. I wear a Four Way medal and then one of those crucifixes with the St. Benedict’s medal in it. Get more bang for my buck that way: 2 necklaces but 6 different things.

I said other: where I’m at I see lots of Benedictene crucifix’s in combination w/ patron saints:D

I wear both the (papal) crucifix and the miraculous medal on my brown scapular…so not sure how to vote in the poll.

DustinsDad

40.png
Della:

Can you recommend a website ? There seems to be a great variety of them 🙂

I wear the Benedictene crucifix and the Brown cloth Scapular (not the medal).
40.png
edward_george:
The Crucifix is fairly popular, as I’ve seen it on Catholics and Protestants alike. However, in my area, where there are a lot of Pentecostals, Baptists, Evangelicals, and non-denominationals, the plain cross is more common.
“Crucifix” means that the body of Christ is present on the cross. If there is no body present, then it is not a “Crucifix” but just a cross.
40.png
edward_george:
I personally wear a Miraculous medal and a Papal Crucifix.
What does the Papal Crucifix look like? Can you post a picture or a link? Is it actually a Crucifix or a Cross?
40.png
Jayson:
40.png
Della:
Do you have a link or a photo of what this looks like?

I received my Miraculous Medal when I made my Communion in 1978. I wear it to this day and I treasure it greatly. I certainly has lived up to its name!

I didn’t think the crucifix was a medal?? I know the scapular medal is discouraged. So I answered for the Miraculous Medal.

40.png
Fergal:
… I didn’t think the crucifix was a medal?? …
It may not be a medal per say, but those that wear one devoutly are promised a happy death – meaning that they will not die without the final sacraments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back