Mother's Day Coming Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter zgraf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zgraf

Guest
I was in Walmart yesterday, picking up some groceries, and passed by the aisle with the greeting cards. They were gearing up for Mother’s Day, and had a number of cards on display.

As my mom passed away a few weeks ago this year, it occurred to me that I no longer have a mother. “Well, guess I won’t need to buy a card this year.” Wow. Kind of an unpleasant little shot of reality…

Fortunately, as a Catholic, we have the Blessed Virgin as our adopted heavenly mother.
As children do, we may sometimes lose our way. But she’s there to help us in our journey – as a good mother would.

And (God willing) we may hope to see our earthly mothers again too – some day.

–J
 
You can still get your mother a mother’s day gift. Have a Mass said for her, especially on Mother’s day and her anniversary, which may help her very much.

May her soul and all the souls of the faithfully departed rest in peace.
May Mary of Cana, obtain for her the peace of her Son forever.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.
 
I was in Walmart yesterday, picking up some groceries, and passed by the aisle with the greeting cards. They were gearing up for Mother’s Day, and had a number of cards on display.

As my mom passed away a few weeks ago this year, it occurred to me that I no longer have a mother. “Well, guess I won’t need to buy a card this year.” Wow. Kind of an unpleasant little shot of reality…

Fortunately, as a Catholic, we have the Blessed Virgin as our adopted heavenly mother.
As children do, we may sometimes lose our way. But she’s there to help us in our journey – as a good mother would.

And (God willing) we may hope to see our earthly mothers again too – some day.

–J
It must be difficult the first Mother’s Day after your mom passes away. I bet that is not too pleasant as you noted. I think it’s a great idea to have a Mass said for her. I like your comment about having the Blessed Virgin as our heavenly mother.
May you find some comfort this Mother’s Day in our Faith and the hopeful reunion with your mother again in heaven.

God bless,
Mary.
 
Prayers for your mom. :gopray:

I have an aunt who is childless. She and my (now-deceased) uncle always treated me and my family like the children she never had. Always there at the drop of a hat – if we were sick, she was there with a pot of soup. A bit of money when times were tight. Helped take care of my Mom when Dad was sick. And so on, times too numerous to recount. And even after my uncla passed, she hasn’t stopped.

I’m going to giver her a card, to someone who’s “been like a mom” to me.
 
Please accept my sympathy at the recent loss of your mother. Mother’s Day begins a year of firsts without her. May the memories of her love warm your heart. Having a Mass offered in her name on Mother’s Day, May 10 this year, would be a loving way to remember her. Lord, Creator of all life, bless those mothers who left us and whom You hold in Your arms. Amen.
 
I was in Walmart yesterday, picking up some groceries, and passed by the aisle with the greeting cards. They were gearing up for Mother’s Day, and had a number of cards on display.

As my mom passed away a few weeks ago this year, it occurred to me that I no longer have a mother. “Well, guess I won’t need to buy a card this year.” Wow. Kind of an unpleasant little shot of reality…

Fortunately, as a Catholic, we have the Blessed Virgin as our adopted heavenly mother.
As children do, we may sometimes lose our way. But she’s there to help us in our journey – as a good mother would.

And (God willing) we may hope to see our earthly mothers again too – some day.

–J
Spiritual gifts reach heaven

Eg mass card
Prayers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top