Mt. 19:16 Greek

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChinoCoug
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChinoCoug

Guest
Why is τί translated "What should I do…? When τί means “who?”
 
I had to look it up (I’m a Latin student, not a Greek student).

According to the excellent lexicon at Perseus, ‘τί’ is a literal equivalent to the Latin ‘quis, quae, quod,’ which means “who, what, which,” and is translated as any one of those based upon context.

Hope this helped.
 
I too had to look it up - Stongs likewise has it translated variously as who, which or what.

The Strongs reference even give the number of times it is variously tranlated in both the KJV and the NAS as follows:

KJV (537) - misc, 67; what, 260; which, 17; who, 102; whom, 25; why, 66;

NAS (225) - anything, 1; how, 2; person, 1; something, 3; suppose one, 2; what, 5; what each, 1; which, 24; which one, 3; who, 128; whom, 16; whose, 6; why, 33;

Peace
James
 
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top