R
RNRobert
Guest
You’re welcome.:tiphat:Thanks for a couple of well thought-out posts.
I also would throw into the mix Jude and other letters of John.
I don’t think Jesus is overjoyed with Christian society in general, but there have been some bright spots in the past 2000 years.
On a couple threads recently, there was a non-Catholic forum member named JesusforMadrid who criticized the present day Catholic Church since it wasn’t identical to the first century church (at least in his eyes), and this thread was intended to be a response. As Paul Thigpen writes in Surprised by Truth:
Erasmus and Newman taught me that the Church is a maturing organism who life span stretches across the centuries- not an archeological expedition always searching for fossils to recover a primitive campsite. They challenged me to defend the Protestant notion that we should desire the embryo over the mature organism; and having studied church history, I found such a defense impossible.