My dear father, requiescat in pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeschoolDad

Staff member
(copied from another forum, it’s fairly self-explanatory)

Hello friends,

My dear father left us this afternoon (Thursday 22 July) around 3:00 pm. He did receive last rites shortly after he had breathed his last.

His name is Frank. Please pray for the repose of his dear soul, and for the consolation of our family.

Thank You Lord for receiving @HomeschoolDad’s father at the Divine Mercy hour, with the the Last Rites to accompany him into Your Presence.
Please bless his loved ones with consolation and support.

It’s indeed significant that he died at the Divine Mercy hour. This was not lost on me, though when I was praying over him, washing his head with holy water — not being a priest, that was the best I could do — I honestly don’t recall whether I said any Divine Mercy prayers or not. I may have. I have to believe that a merciful God understood what I was trying to do, and “filled in any gaps” that didn’t come to mind at that hour.

My father received a blessing and an absolution of sorts, though he did not receive Anointing of the Sick (Extreme Unction), as evidently the priest was unwilling to do that. He arrived about an hour after apparent death. We have discussed over on Catholic Common Sense where such thresholds lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back