My first Mass yesterday

• Thread starter Thread starter love-bias
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

love-bias

I went to Roman Catholic Mass yesterday, for the first time ever (that I can remember; I may have gone as a newborn baby, I don’t know).

The experience was like the real world had opened for the first time. It is as though I’ve been hypnotized for the past 19 years.

Thank you, mighty apologists!

jason

Jason, you thanked all of us, but thank God for Jesus and what He did for us, did you know that Jesus was actually there at the Mass?

:bounce: I’m so glad for you! It is truly a joy to experiance an know what Mass is about.

I have to agree with Exporter. We “mighty” apologists rest on the backs of those who preceeded us. Without them we would be nothing and without Christ, they would have been nothing. Our source is the Faith handed down to us through Christ’s Church; and He is the source of the Church which is supported by the Holy Spirit for the Glory of Christ and the Father.

40.png
love-bias:
I went to Roman Catholic Mass yesterday, for the first time ever (that I can remember; I may have gone as a newborn baby, I don’t know).

The experience was like the real world had opened for the first time. It is as though I’ve been hypnotized for the past 19 years.

jason
Dear Jason

You sound to me as though you have discovered the JOY of Mass, Mass is a thanksgiving; to God our Father, to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it’s also as you know a sacrifice and Jesus is Real and Present on the altar, so no wonder you are excited and joyful. I hope this stays with you and deepens and richens in your life to the fullness it can achieve in you, dear friend, you have found the eternal reality of life and that is God in humanity, real and whole upon the altar in The Blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, the joining of heaven and earth in Jesus our Lord.

God Bless you

Much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
love-bias:

jason
what a great post to read…I’m glad you enjoyed it!!..I may not always think I want to go to mass, but everytime I get there, there’s no place I’d rather be!!!

God Bless!

40.png
Exporter:
did you know that Jesus was actually there at the Mass?
seeing as how Jesus is God, He can be anywhere He wishes. so, yes. 🙂
40.png
theMutant:
We “mighty” apologists rest on the backs of those who preceeded us. Without them we would be nothing and without Christ, they would have been nothing.
true enough. still, thank you. 😃

Thanks for your kind words everybody.

:amen: jason

p.s. and I’m not even a Roman Catholic yet… i can only imagine… :getholy:

Jason,

You might enjoy a book called The Lamb’s Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth by Scott Hahn. Just think of it- you were participating with all the angels and saints in heaven and all the faithful here on earth in the worship of our Lord!

jason,
Welcome to the Catholic Church (the True Church)…someone told me when I was really young…haha, that was awhile ago.
“the most important thing you will ever do is go to Mass”.
I didn’t grasp that meaning for almost 20 years later, now I LOVE the Mass, it’s the highlite of my week!
here is a link to the Mass explained that was posted by oneone in this forum…
home.grigaitis.net/?/articles/guide.html

Jason, I am so glad Holy Mass made you feel so happy! That is wonderful. I am happy to say I feel this way every Sunday–and you can, too! Many blessings, friend!

I am happy for you, and while your still really excited i strongly recommend you getting yourself Scott Hahn’s book, Rome Sweet Home, it is precisely about what you have just experienced, it is the best book i know of for new Catholics or those considering Catholicism.

“Rome Sweet Home” by Scott Hahn

Jason,
im so happy that you went to your first mass yesterday. I know it had to be a joy when you went knowing that God’s presence was there. May God bless u in your life… Ive never been to a mass …but i will have to go sometime! sounds like a joy and an exciting experience!😃

Jason~~~

I’m a convert (4 years) from a cavalry chapel offshoot of protestant-evangelicalism. I remember my first mass too! 🙂
I remember that I could hardly breath because I too felt like the whole world was opening!
Wait till you see the Latin Mass! I’ve only seen one - but I was floored!
I also highly recommend The Lambs Supper by Scott Hahn. You will read why the mass is so powerful.
Good luck on your journey.

Ridesawhitehorse ~~~

Jason,
Welcome Home! It was like for me each time I went to a Catholic church. I finally converted 19 years ago. So glad I did, too.

Rides a White Horse,
Here we go, my mom is a Calvary Chapel member. She went there when she and my father, had a disagreement with the Baptist pastor.

40.png
love-bias:

jason
Thank the Holy Spirit that the Grace of God has led you here. The people are only instruments of Jesus Christ.

40.png
RBushlow:
Thank the Holy Spirit that the Grace of God has led you here. The people are only instruments of Jesus Christ.
Indeed. I thank the Holy Spirit on so many occasions, for so many things. He is so faithful and good. He’s everything wonderful. I especially thank the Holy Spirit for bringing me in to the Church; among other things He has done for me.

hmm… now as crazy as this may sound (especially since I’ve done some sick things in the past), I can’t wait for confession: so I can enjoy the Real Presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Eucharist.

well okay… I guess rather, I can’t wait until I have this confession over and done with. 🙂

It is so awesome this is the year of the Eucharist!!! We’re going to have good times. All of us.

jason

40.png
kayla:
I didn’t grasp that meaning for almost 20 years later, now I LOVE the Mass, it’s the highlite of my week!
Ditto for me! Count yourself as truly blessed that you have come to see God’s goodness through the mass and Eucharist at this point in your life.
I have attended Sunday mass almost every week of my life and the true beauty and magnitude of it didn’t hit me until this past year.

You have been given an awesome gift in recognizing this!

Jason,

Thank you for reminding me to give thanks always for the awesome experience we are allowed to take part in through the Mass. Next time I am there I will see it through your brand new eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back