My friend is not confirmed

• Thread starter Thread starter perplexed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perplexed

my friend is not confirmed and is catholic and she cannot find any papers that she is confirmed, she is concerned about going to heaven, she accepts God and lives for God.
Thanks

yes, but you cannot serve as a sponsor for baptism or confirmation, and you really should be confirmed before you get married in the Church.

Church Law requires that a person be Confirmed
Can. 890 The faithful are bound to receive this sacrament at the proper time. Parents and pastors of souls, especially parish priests, are to see that the faithful are properly instructed to receive the sacrament and come to it at the opportune time.
If not received at the proper time, it should be received as soon as possible thereafter - that is as soon as one becomes aware of the obligation.

If you friend’s parish does not offer preparation for adult Confirmation, check the surrounding parishes. We have a few adults each year. In the past they were Confirmed by the Bishop at the end of the regular Confirmation ceremony. This year the Bishop gave permission, in our diocese, for the pastor to confirm adults at the main mass on Pentecost.

she is concerned about going to heaven

We all are concerned about going to heaven. Rest assure: There will be those in heaven that are not confirmed. I agree that she should take care of this, but God does not ask for confirmation records at the last judgment.

Those who are born again of water and the spirit are mentioned.

Deacon Tony

Your friend is in luck. She can go through RCIA, which probably starts in the next few weeks, and be confirmed at the Easter Vigil. There’s no time like the present, especially if she’s already feeling motivated.

I highly recommend the RCIA program to any “Cradle Catholics” like me who were not confirmed in their teenage years. The program starts up about this time of year and finishes up at the Easter Vigil in a really moving ceremony. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back