My friends are really religious?

  • Thread starter Thread starter religioussoup
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

religioussoup

Guest
Hi, so my family and I are not super religious. I go to Catholic mass every Sunday and I believe in God. I have been through a lot in my life. My family is not super religious, we put God first in our lives but not religion, if that makes sense. I am not looking for a lecture on how to change our ways.

My friends are really Catholic and sometimes I feel like they don’t accept me as much because I don’t accept the same amount of biblical information as they do. I am really stressed because I do not feel that religion should define how people judge one another because I am a good person and I do not need to be religious to prove it. But they are really good friends and super good people and I love them to death. I just feel like sometimes they make me uncomfortable about how much less religious I am. How do I explain to them that I don’t want them to judge me based on religion?
 
Hi, so my family and I are not super religious. I go to Catholic mass every Sunday and I believe in God. I have been through a lot in my life. My family is not super religious, we put God first in our lives but not religion, if that makes sense. I am not looking for a lecture on how to change our ways.

My friends are really Catholic and sometimes I feel like they don’t accept me as much because I don’t accept the same amount of biblical information as they do. I am really stressed because I do not feel that religion should define how people judge one another because I am a good person and I do not need to be religious to prove it. But they are really good friends and super good people and I love them to death. I just feel like sometimes they make me uncomfortable about how much less religious I am. How do I explain to them that I don’t want them to judge me based on religion?
I guess we would need examples of how they judge you based on your religion.
 
If you can let it go, then just let it go and be their friends. If they’re your friends and they’re super-Catholic, then of course they’re going to talk about how much in love they are with Jesus. When you love someone, you like to talk about him or her all of the time. And, of course, they want to share Him with you. That doesn’t mean they’re judging you, it means they love you.

Obviously, if they are “holier than thou” then I’d question whether they’re good friends with either you or Him.
 
Hi, so my family and I are not super religious. I go to Catholic mass every Sunday and I believe in God. I have been through a lot in my life. My family is not super religious, we put God first in our lives but not religion, if that makes sense. I am not looking for a lecture on how to change our ways.

My friends are really Catholic and sometimes I feel like they don’t accept me as much because I don’t accept the same amount of biblical information as they do. I am really stressed because I do not feel that religion should define how people judge one another because I am a good person and I do not need to be religious to prove it. But they are really good friends and super good people and I love them to death. I just feel like sometimes they make me uncomfortable about how much less religious I am. How do I explain to them that I don’t want them to judge me based on religion?
Im not sure what you mean…when you’re uncomfortable with them…is it because God is challenging you to move beyond your current spirituality status or is it because you are unsure of yourself as well? or is it because they themselves are pressuring you? I’ve had many community members who are just there in consolation but not in desolation…let’s say good in spiritual good times but not in bad times. If this is a call from God and you are really bothered about it…maybe ask Jesus what He wants from you. May be He asks from you more than what you expect of yourself…but I see this as a good sign:D Most often God challenges our comfort zones…
 
I see this as your friends trying to help you get to know this amazing person even better. If there’s a great movie, your friends would probably rant and rave about it, and strongly suggest you see it, right? It sounds like it’s the same thing here, they love their amazing faith so much, they want to share that love and awesomness with you.

And yes, I’d probably fall into the ‘super-Catholic’ group, even though, really, the only super-Catholics are the saints - the rest of us are in the sinner’s hospital we know as the Catholic Church on earth, the Church Militant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top