C
CradleCath
Guest
Those were the words I heard from Mother Angelica on EWTN radio a couple of days ago.
A young woman who wanted to be more able to evangelize called in for advice. She explained that, though she kept a picture of the Sacred Heart above her computer, wore her brown scapular with additional medals, in plain sight…she had not been able to bring herself to speak to her co-workers about the Catholic Church. Mother Angelica told her, “Child, don’t worry about it. One can “speak” in many ways. When I walk down the street…never saying a word to anyone…MY HABIT SPEAKS. It says that the Catholic Church is alive & well. It says that we are people who love Christ enough to give up the riches of this world, to give up a family, to trade ‘freedom’ for obedience”.
I am so happy that the new traditional orders of nuns are wearing habits again. If you want a lift, go to
pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week1123/cover.html
& turn up the volume on your computer. I was feeling so badly over the events within the Church these past few weeks. This brought my spirits up & I hope it does the same for all of you.
A young woman who wanted to be more able to evangelize called in for advice. She explained that, though she kept a picture of the Sacred Heart above her computer, wore her brown scapular with additional medals, in plain sight…she had not been able to bring herself to speak to her co-workers about the Catholic Church. Mother Angelica told her, “Child, don’t worry about it. One can “speak” in many ways. When I walk down the street…never saying a word to anyone…MY HABIT SPEAKS. It says that the Catholic Church is alive & well. It says that we are people who love Christ enough to give up the riches of this world, to give up a family, to trade ‘freedom’ for obedience”.
I am so happy that the new traditional orders of nuns are wearing habits again. If you want a lift, go to
pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/week1123/cover.html
& turn up the volume on your computer. I was feeling so badly over the events within the Church these past few weeks. This brought my spirits up & I hope it does the same for all of you.