My Home Devotion

• Thread starter Thread starter Sanctus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanctus

I just started tonight a devotion at home with the rosary. Now I’ve been saying the rosary on and off now for a year but I just purcesed some votive candles and four holders. I meditate on one mystery of the rosary and I light a candle in front of me for my intention for that mystery. By the end of the rosary all four candles are burning reminding me of my intentions. Then I say another short prayer for each intention just before I extinguish the candle representative of that intention. I’m working on getting a few nice “holy reminders” to help me reflect on Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary while I’m praying. Does this all sound ok? Good? Bad? Anyone else do something similar?

Very lovely. You should consider consecrating yourself to Jesus through Mary (link). Perhaps you have done this. If you pick up on St. Montfort’s ideas, you’ll find that he enhances the Rosary in certain ways. For example, prior to each decade he suggests, through this mystery, and through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, may the grace of __ come into our souls–with the named grace corresponding to the mystery. E.g., the Crowning of Thorns yields the grace of the contempt of the world. The consecration commences several times per year, always 33 days prior to a Marian feast. The next one IIRC starts on October 19. This, if you want to do it in unison with others around the world.

40.png
Sanctus:
Anyone else do something similar?
I light three candles on the table in front of me, one each for the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The three candles burn throughout my saying the rosary. After the rosary is complete I say an additional prayer of my own composition before I blow out the candles:

“Oh, Lord please accept these my most unworthy prayers. Grant that my prayers may rise before your face as sweet-smelling incense.”

Then I blow out the candles and watch the risidual smoke rise past a crucifix on the wall above the table and I reflect on this passage from Revelation 8:3:

*And another angel came and stood over the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should add it unto the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back