T
TamM
Guest
Every weekend has been the same for the past four or five weeks. Saturday, we fight. Sunday, hopefully things are a little smoother. We don’t see each other all week, and repeat. It’s the week-long version of the movie groundhogs day.
Today was one of our worst. We’d been bickering all morning when he decided to tell me how bad my son had behaved for him all week while I was at work in the evenings, and my son pipes up (he’s 10) “he called me an *** again”. He has a habit of calling my son a smart *** or whine ***, and I get really upset by this and have been putting my foot down. So he says, “it’s not a swearword they say it on TV”.
TO which my brain exploded, and I said in sheer mock terror “TV makes things OKAY around here? they have orgies on tv!!!” He knew he was in hot water now…trying to back out he said “it’s part of a donkey…”
Still upset about the whole TV comment…“Uh’huh. So, when you tell me I have a nice ***, you’re talking about a donkey? I’m confused. I thought you were complimenting me. Now you’re telling me you meant I look like a donkey?!!” Defeated, he gave up and actually smiled, and I did too.
This is the condensed version of a very long day during which he actually told me he should put me through a wall. He’s never threatened nor hurt me in seven years together, so please pray for my dear sweet husband to seek whatever help he needs for whatever it is that’s eating at him. Please pray for peace in my family, and for God to enlighten my husband and bring him home to the Church to learn God’s will and God’s way.
Today was one of our worst. We’d been bickering all morning when he decided to tell me how bad my son had behaved for him all week while I was at work in the evenings, and my son pipes up (he’s 10) “he called me an *** again”. He has a habit of calling my son a smart *** or whine ***, and I get really upset by this and have been putting my foot down. So he says, “it’s not a swearword they say it on TV”.
TO which my brain exploded, and I said in sheer mock terror “TV makes things OKAY around here? they have orgies on tv!!!” He knew he was in hot water now…trying to back out he said “it’s part of a donkey…”
Still upset about the whole TV comment…“Uh’huh. So, when you tell me I have a nice ***, you’re talking about a donkey? I’m confused. I thought you were complimenting me. Now you’re telling me you meant I look like a donkey?!!” Defeated, he gave up and actually smiled, and I did too.
This is the condensed version of a very long day during which he actually told me he should put me through a wall. He’s never threatened nor hurt me in seven years together, so please pray for my dear sweet husband to seek whatever help he needs for whatever it is that’s eating at him. Please pray for peace in my family, and for God to enlighten my husband and bring him home to the Church to learn God’s will and God’s way.

