My mother-in-law passed away on Easter. What a glorious message

• Thread starter Thread starter lefthand36
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lefthand36

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted, but I have been working outside of the home and taking care of my mother-in-law at night along with Home Hospice. She had congestive heart failure, and I promised her that she would not be taken to a nursing home, and God had it His way. He saw to it that two of her six children did not succeed at putting her in a nursing home.

I prayed and asked God to give me the strength to fulfill my promise to her. She asked me to promise that she would not be put in a nursing home, and He took her to Heaven on March the 27th, 2005 on Easter day from her home with us. What a glorious message for the family, even the ones that felt it was necessary to put her in a nursing home!

It amazes me that the ones that wanted to put her in a nursing home, are the ones that wanted to take over at her death. They didn’t want the responsibility of taking care of her in life, but they had all the arrangements worked out at her deathl.

I understand that all families have different circumstances, and sometimes the nursing home is the only alternative, but that was not the case with my mother-in-law, and I am working full-time and I managed to work around it.

I pray that God will give all families the needed strength and encouragement to fulfill this worth while deed to their family members. We are a very selfish generation and only think of ourselves, but the values that this has taught my young children is priceless.

I pray we will all consider hospice before a nursing home if it is an alternative for the family. I do understand that it is not an alternative for all people, but when you have several children or family members it should be considered.

Our life on earth is not always about us, it is about helping those in need. Isn’t that what Christ calls us to do?

God Bless,
The Alexander’s
lefthand36

You were truly an angle to your mother-in-law. May god continue to bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back