F
fireproofpoodle
Guest
Hi.
My mother divorced my father two years ago, and now she is planning to re-marry. Her and my father were married in an Anglican church, so never recieved the sacrament. She and her new spouse, who are both Anglican, will either marry in one of their churches or in a civil ceremony.
My question is, as a Catholic, what should my stance be on this? I have congratulated them, given them my blessing and wished them well, although I did suggest they have a catholic wedding as neither of them seem especially devout. Is it wrong of me to support this marriage, and am I obliged not to attend the wedding?
Thanks.
My mother divorced my father two years ago, and now she is planning to re-marry. Her and my father were married in an Anglican church, so never recieved the sacrament. She and her new spouse, who are both Anglican, will either marry in one of their churches or in a civil ceremony.
My question is, as a Catholic, what should my stance be on this? I have congratulated them, given them my blessing and wished them well, although I did suggest they have a catholic wedding as neither of them seem especially devout. Is it wrong of me to support this marriage, and am I obliged not to attend the wedding?
Thanks.