My picture

  • Thread starter Thread starter benedict_XVIII
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it
:rotfl:
That’s hilarious.

So you’re up there receiving Communion and there is a dog wriggling around in your coat? I guess the priest knows you, but did you get any weird looks the first few times? Him wondering what kind of wild animal you had wiggling around in there?
 
:rotfl:
That’s hilarious.

So you’re up there receiving Communion and there is a dog wriggling around in your coat? I guess the priest knows you, but did you get any weird looks the first few times? Him wondering what kind of wild animal you had wiggling around in there?
Peppino doesn’t wiggle.
He stays put, motionless
 
That’s really disrespectful.
It does seem very odd. Even the blessing of the pets we have on St. Francis’ feast day takes place in our church parking lot and not inside.

I would be very concerned about pets approaching the altar rail for Communion. It sounds like Peppino knows the drill and is somehow motionless and stealthy. Still, in general animals going up with their owners (exceptions for the blind or deaf) for Communion would definately present more opportunities for desecration. “Give not that which is holy to dogs”(Matthew 7:6) comes to mind.

I mean no disrespect to the OP, Peppino, or your local customs.
 
I hope that you, your family, your friends and your dog are safe after the earthquakes.
 
I hope that you, your family, your friends and your dog are safe after the earthquakes.
It happened far from my town.
I had a lot more earthquakes when my family and I used to live in Chile and Peru in the 60’s.
Once I was in the oldest Peruvian school when an earthquake happened that killed thousands
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top