My uncle is schizophrenic and has a gift

  • Thread starter Thread starter barboza21
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barboza21

Guest
My uncle has had schizophrenia since ever. There have been times that we have noticed he has a gift. At least three times I know of that he said something would happen, and it did. He told my grandparents to tell a family member not to go to a party because he was going to die. Said person went to the party and was shot. He also told my grandparents to tell a family member to watch her child because he was going to fall into the well, and the child fell, (survived). And another instance where he predicted death and it happened. He has also been able to place his hand on a person and heal pain. He doesn’t heal often, only every once in a while when a. Close family member asks. He was once told the reason he was schizophrenic was because he wasn’t fulfilling his vocation/gift. We don’t know if that’s true… He hears voices sometimes and I think he hallucinates. He once was supposed to go to dinner and never arrived. He said ‘they’ didn’t let him. I see the schizophrenia in him but what about the predictions/healing? When he has ‘healed’ pain, it is usually done by him saying an our father or making crosses with his fingers on the person.

I guess I’m not really asking a question, just wondering if anyone has any kind of (name removed by moderator)ut on this. Any experience with something similar? Does he really have a gift?

Sorry my post is all over the place…
 
My uncle has had schizophrenia since ever. There have been times that we have noticed he has a gift. At least three times I know of that he said something would happen, and it did. He told my grandparents to tell a family member not to go to a party because he was going to die. Said person went to the party and was shot. He also told my grandparents to tell a family member to watch her child because he was going to fall into the well, and the child fell, (survived). And another instance where he predicted death and it happened. He has also been able to place his hand on a person and heal pain. He doesn’t heal often, only every once in a while when a. Close family member asks. He was once told the reason he was schizophrenic was because he wasn’t fulfilling his vocation/gift. We don’t know if that’s true… He hears voices sometimes and I think he hallucinates. He once was supposed to go to dinner and never arrived. He said ‘they’ didn’t let him. I see the schizophrenia in him but what about the predictions/healing? When he has ‘healed’ pain, it is usually done by him saying an our father or making crosses with his fingers on the person.

I guess I’m not really asking a question, just wondering if anyone has any kind of (name removed by moderator)ut on this. Any experience with something similar? Does he really have a gift?

Sorry my post is all over the place…
Things like this do happen in human life. Our minds are a mystery, more even than our bodies.

Whether it is a ‘gift’ is not something we can determine.

ICXC NIKA
 
My uncle has had schizophrenia since ever. There have been times that we have noticed he has a gift. At least three times I know of that he said something would happen, and it did. He told my grandparents to tell a family member not to go to a party because he was going to die. Said person went to the party and was shot. He also told my grandparents to tell a family member to watch her child because he was going to fall into the well, and the child fell, (survived). And another instance where he predicted death and it happened. He has also been able to place his hand on a person and heal pain. He doesn’t heal often, only every once in a while when a. Close family member asks. He was once told the reason he was schizophrenic was because he wasn’t fulfilling his vocation/gift. We don’t know if that’s true… He hears voices sometimes and I think he hallucinates. He once was supposed to go to dinner and never arrived. He said ‘they’ didn’t let him. I see the schizophrenia in him but what about the predictions/healing? When he has ‘healed’ pain, it is usually done by him saying an our father or making crosses with his fingers on the person.
Was it through dreams or through hallucinations that he was able to see those “future events?”

Is his vocation to be a priest or man of God?
 
Was it through dreams or through hallucinations that he was able to see those “future events?”

Is his vocation to be a priest or man of God?
If he has schizophrenia, he isn’t called to be a priest.
 
I talked to my grandma and she says that he would also talk about Saddam Hussein before anything happened. And she says when he has ‘healed’ he always feels bad afterwards, really weak.
 
By your example that “they” prevented him from attending a family dinner gathering, is a** tell-tale sign** that the spirits are definitely not from God, but from Satan. Spirits that infringe on someone’s freewill is from evil.

It reminds me of Shamanism. From encountering one myself and from the many stories of family members, these spirits cause sickness and misfortune to their potential shamans…the spirits will tell their victims that they want to come upon him, or else, face sickness and misfortunes. If shamans allow these spirits to possess them, they can tell future events and can cure. Their financial conditions also improve.

What your uncle needs is exorcism from a qualified exorcist.

Source Wikipedia

Shamans claim to gain knowledge and the power to heal by entering into the spiritual world or dimension. Most shamans have dreams or visions that tell them certain things. The shaman may have or acquire many spirit guides, who often guide and direct the shaman in his/her travels in the spirit world. These spirit guides are always present within the shaman although others only encounter them when the shaman is in a trance. The spirit guide energizes the shaman, enabling him/her to enter the spiritual dimension. The shaman heals within the spiritual dimension by returning ‘lost’ parts of the human soul from wherever they have gone. The shaman also cleanses excess negative energies which confuse or pollute the soul.

 
Was it through dreams or through hallucinations that he was able to see those “future events?”

Is his vocation to be a priest or man of God?
I’m not sure. My grandparents never really asked because they didn’t believe him… and once it happened, I think they just attributed it to the schizophrenia.

No vocation. He doesn’t go to mass much. It’s hard for him to pray. Grandma says he has suffered a lot because of the voices he hears when for some reason, he doesn’t take his medicine exactly the way he should.

He can pray but only by repeating after my grandma… He’s about 48 now.
 
By your example that “they” prevented him from attending a family dinner gathering, is a** tell-tale sign** that the spirits are definitely not from God, but from Satan. Spirits that infringe on someone’s freewill is from evil.

It reminds me of Shamanism. From encountering one myself and from the many stories of family members, these spirits cause sickness and misfortune to their potential shamans…the spirits will tell their victims that they want to come upon him, or else, face sickness and misfortunes. If shamans allow these spirits to possess them, they can tell future events and can cure. Their financial conditions also improve.

What your uncle needs is exorcism from a qualified exorcist.

Source Wikipedia

Shamans claim to gain knowledge and the power to heal by entering into the spiritual world or dimension. Most shamans have dreams or visions that tell them certain things. The shaman may have or acquire many spirit guides, who often guide and direct the shaman in his/her travels in the spirit world. These spirit guides are always present within the shaman although others only encounter them when the shaman is in a trance. The spirit guide energizes the shaman, enabling him/her to enter the spiritual dimension. The shaman heals within the spiritual dimension by returning ‘lost’ parts of the human soul from wherever they have gone. The shaman also cleanses excess negative energies which confuse or pollute the soul.

My uncle is definitely poor… and he never acts out on what he hears from the voices… He has told my grandma ‘you have no idea, I have the entire world in my head’
 
He also asked my aunt to shave his head once because he was tired of having his hair pulled at night. 😦

Does this sound like normal schizophrenia?
 
My uncle has had schizophrenia since ever. There have been times that we have noticed he has a gift. At least three times I know of that he said something would happen, and it did. He told my grandparents to tell a family member not to go to a party because he was going to die. Said person went to the party and was shot. He also told my grandparents to tell a family member to watch her child because he was going to fall into the well, and the child fell, (survived). And another instance where he predicted death and it happened. He has also been able to place his hand on a person and heal pain. He doesn’t heal often, only every once in a while when a. Close family member asks. He was once told the reason he was schizophrenic was because he wasn’t fulfilling his vocation/gift. We don’t know if that’s true… He hears voices sometimes and I think he hallucinates. He once was supposed to go to dinner and never arrived. He said ‘they’ didn’t let him. I see the schizophrenia in him but what about the predictions/healing? When he has ‘healed’ pain, it is usually done by him saying an our father or making crosses with his fingers on the person.

I guess I’m not really asking a question, just wondering if anyone has any kind of (name removed by moderator)ut on this. Any experience with something similar? Does he really have a gift?

Sorry my post is all over the place…
What I am saying is a person diagnosed with schizophrenia suffers from “hallucinations” and “delusions.” It is highly unlikely that they can forsee future events and can cure.

My next question is “Do the medications manage or control the symptoms?”
 
It is interesting for me, reading this thread. I don’t think anyone here is really qualified to give you a proper answer or proper insight as to what your uncle is experiencing.

I know you say he finds it hard to pray… has anyone in your family ever had him see a priest? Not for an exorcism or anything, just for a chat about how he is doing and his experiences?

Like I said, no one here can really tell you about what is going on with your uncle. Even if there are wise and experienced clergy here, they have not talked with or met your uncle, so they cannot really say anything either. But I (as a schizoaffective lay person) will tell you this: I truly do believe God can use anyone for his purposes, even the mentally ill :eek:

I do not have gifts of any kind, but having worked with a spiritual director/confessor for coming close to four years now and having told him various things about my mental health and my spiritual life and “encounters” with God, the Blessed Virgin and St Therese of Lisieux… My SD does believe that some of what I consider myself to have experienced is true. Some of it, he says, is just the illness but he is inclined to think that I have had genuine experiences. Annoyingly he has not divulged which are more likely to be the genuine experiences and which ones have just been my mind playing tricks on me, but maybe he will tell me some day when I am truly ready to hear it! 🤷

Anyway, I digress. At the end of the day your uncle does sound quite ill and does need his meds. But I personally don’t think that it is impossible that he has some God-given gifts. Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible. It does need to be your uncle’s decision to see a priest, if he thinks it might help him or if he is looking for answers about what has happened to him/what has happened to others, involving him. I do think only a very wise priest with good experience of dealing with the mentally ill and the spiritually awakened can give you any answers, though 👍
 
What I am saying is a person diagnosed with schizophrenia suffers from “hallucinations” and “delusions.” It is highly unlikely that they can forsee future events and can cure.

My next question is “Do the medications manage or control the symptoms?”
The medications do help control the symptoms. but not all the way, he still laughs randomly to himself… this past week he ‘cured’ my aunt from a horrible migraine that wasnt responding to pills. the pain went away in a few minutes… all my uncle did was rub her head while my aunt said an our father.
 
It is interesting for me, reading this thread. I don’t think anyone here is really qualified to give you a proper answer or proper insight as to what your uncle is experiencing.

I know you say he finds it hard to pray… has anyone in your family ever had him see a priest? Not for an exorcism or anything, just for a chat about how he is doing and his experiences?

Like I said, no one here can really tell you about what is going on with your uncle. Even if there are wise and experienced clergy here, they have not talked with or met your uncle, so they cannot really say anything either. But I (as a schizoaffective lay person) will tell you this: I truly do believe God can use anyone for his purposes, even the mentally ill :eek:

I do not have gifts of any kind, but having worked with a spiritual director/confessor for coming close to four years now and having told him various things about my mental health and my spiritual life and “encounters” with God, the Blessed Virgin and St Therese of Lisieux… My SD does believe that some of what I consider myself to have experienced is true. Some of it, he says, is just the illness but he is inclined to think that I have had genuine experiences. Annoyingly he has not divulged which are more likely to be the genuine experiences and which ones have just been my mind playing tricks on me, but maybe he will tell me some day when I am truly ready to hear it! 🤷

Anyway, I digress. At the end of the day your uncle does sound quite ill and does need his meds. But I personally don’t think that it is impossible that he has some God-given gifts. Unlikely, perhaps, but not impossible. It does need to be your uncle’s decision to see a priest, if he thinks it might help him or if he is looking for answers about what has happened to him/what has happened to others, involving him. I do think only a very wise priest with good experience of dealing with the mentally ill and the spiritually awakened can give you any answers, though 👍
im not sure if he has spoken with a priest about his illness. I do know my grandma takes him to the priest once a year or so to ‘confess’ but he doesn’t actually receive communion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top