Mysteries of the Divine Mercy Chaplet?

• Thread starter Thread starter bengeorge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bengeorge

When we say the rosary we have the mysteries to contemplate…

So

Are there any standard mysteries to contemplate while saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet?

Because otherwise it seems a little repetitive.

Since the Divine Mercy Chaplet is a private devotional you can contemplate the mysteries of the Rosary if you want, but there is a novena that is suggested for those that use the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

On each day the Chaplet is said you are supposed to pray for:
Day 1 - All mankind, especially sinners

Day 2 - The souls of priests and religious
Code:
          Day 3 - All devout and faithful souls            

Day 4- Those who do not believe in Jesus and those who do not yet     know Him            

Day 5 - The souls of separated brethren            

Day 6 - The meek and humble souls and the souls of children            

Day 7 - The souls who especially venerate and glorify Jesus' mercy            

Day 8 - The souls who are detained in purgatory; 

Day 9 - The souls who have become lukewarm.
For prayers that can be used and more details goto the following link:
ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena.htm

40.png
bengeorge:
When we say the rosary we have the mysteries to contemplate…

So

Are there any standard mysteries to contemplate while saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet?

I usually look at the picture and contemplate the mercy of God pouring out of Jesus’ Heart. 🙂

Sometimes I meditate on the five sorrowful mysteries of the Rosary during the chaplet.

40.png
bengeorge:
There can be a value in repetitive prayer. While praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, I can release from my mind all external thoughts and focus only on the sacrifice, love, and mercy of Jesus. I can surrender totally to Him: Jesus, I trust in You.

Dear friend

Whenever I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet I meditate on our Lord’s Passion. It is most appropriate to the Divine Mercy, because it is only by His mercy that He died for us.

So I pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet this way

First Decade: The Agony of our Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane
Second Decade: The Scourging at the Pillar
Third Decade: The Crowning with Thorns
Fourth Decade: Our Lord receives and carries His Cross
Fifth Decade: Our Lord dies upon the Cross.

The Lord’s Mercy is inextricably interlinked with suffering, we need to meditate upon this in our own lives; those who suffer a particular sort of suffering are kind and merciful to those who also suffer similarly. Mercy and suffering are intimate companions.

God suffered long before the Passion of Christ on earth, He suffered by our betrayal of Him and out of His suffering (knowing the actions of our sins would cause us, ourselves, such suffering) was then we saw how great God’s mercy is. This is truly Love! We brought suffering upon ourselves and our Almighty God who need not suffer, enters into our suffering, but beyond that takes all suffering and sin upon Himself, this is such Love we cannot fully comprehend, this is God, such Love, Love beyond our finite minds, Love that is eternal!

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I too contemplate the sorrowful mysteries when saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet. This has brought about many miracles in my life. Especially this past summer. I also read the Divinve Mercy
Chaplet is also very powerful when reciting it at Eucharistic Adoration. This is now where I say the Divine Mercy Chaplet most often if not in my car. Very POWERFUL. So is the novena!! I was told by a very dear friend that really know what you are praying for because it is such a powerful novena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back