Naked to the goal

  • Thread starter Thread starter benedict_XVIII
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, this is the right link:

wf-f.org/02-1-Confront-Evil.html
Oh yeah, nothingness. It is what I found before I discovered God. 🙂 And here we are, in God’s light. It might be bad for people who are into nothing. But most people here are into Something. That Something, being a Person.

Satan may try to turn all things to evil. To nothing. But God is there, to turn all things to Good, and to Something. I believe this. I have experienced it. I trust God is Just. I figured out when I pray, that God sets the world right, one prayer at a time. This may not be all that profound to someone who has been Catholic for a long time. For someone coming from atheism, it’s a pretty astounding thing to discover.

It is true, I think, that some, if not most, people have not taken a side. This document you link explains the demarcation pretty well. There are a lot of people here, who have definitely taken a side. The same side that you are on.

Sometimes, I try to hurry God along. Hurry up! I pray for patience, often. God knows the when, He knows how to subtly, turn us to Him. If only we want to.

God loves you Guido. He is unfolding the universe exactly as it ought to be. Be patient.

Rebecca
 
Thank you Rebecca.
Yes, people take a side.
It is enough for the Pope to speak and the world gets split between opponents and supporters.
And opponents are also within the Catholic Church.
You see, religion is very simple.
You are growing in it the right way, I am sure, but we must all consider that we are always striving to get to the goal, until our last breath.
What people in this forum don’t understand is that it is not enough at all to go to mass, go for confession, pray and come back home and switch their computers on.
That is a lukeward and bureaucratic form of nathing at all.
In order to bring the Kingdom of God down on this earth, we must make enormous sacrifices because the world has gone COMPLETELY wrong.
Even self-proclaimed Catholics have sold out to global capitalism.
All they are worried about is getting a good job IN THE WORLD of atheists.
They ought to get a good job among God’s chosen people.
They ought to understand the simple facts about God: that if you go into a bar and hear people defend euthanasia you should intervene and proclaim the right doctrine.
You shouldn’t watch tv because that is the favorite Satanic tool.
You should always , with love but FIRMLY, announce to people what is right according to circumstances.
And you should bring about more material justice by using what material wealth you manage to have to redistribute it among those who have not enough.
It is not those who say “Lord, Lord” that will go to Heaven, but those who do God’s will.
You should study constantly the life of Jesus and do the same things yourselves: basically proclaim the Gospel and help the needy.
Unless you are a cloistered nun.
=Padre Pio was a priest, yet he built the biggest hospital in the South of Italy.
God told Francis to repair his church. And what was the result ? Francis reduced his needs to even less than minimum and distributed all he laid his hands on to the poor, apart from preaching even to birds and wolves.
Study the life of Francis and go out and do the same.
The Gospel says people went up to Jesus saying: We prophetized in your name, we chased demons in your name. But Jesus said to them: Go away to Hell. I don’t know you.
Every time you defend the right doctrine among the heathen and false believers and every time you give a glass of water to a homeless person you are being a true disciple.
This is what I cannot get people in this forum to understand.
Of course, you will get persecuted. You will ruin your wordly life. But didn’t Jesus get crucified at 33?
 
I think your biggest downfall is here when you say "but I am not concerned with what you like or dislike"

If you understood anything about Christ you would see that Love and Charity urge us to be concerned about our neighbour.

Perhaps if you change this one thing, your life will also change for the better.
 
Thank you Rebecca.
Yes, people take a side.
It is enough for the Pope to speak and the world gets split between opponents and supporters.
And opponents are also within the Catholic Church.
You see, religion is very simple.
You are growing in it the right way, I am sure, but we must all consider that we are always striving to get to the goal, until our last breath.
What people in this forum don’t understand is that it is not enough at all to go to mass, go for confession, pray and come back home and switch their computers on.
That is a lukeward and bureaucratic form of nathing at all.
In order to bring the Kingdom of God down on this earth, we must make enormous sacrifices because the world has gone COMPLETELY wrong.
Even self-proclaimed Catholics have sold out to global capitalism.
All they are worried about is getting a good job IN THE WORLD of atheists.
They ought to get a good job among God’s chosen people.
They ought to understand the simple facts about God: that if you go into a bar and hear people defend euthanasia you should intervene and proclaim the right doctrine.
You shouldn’t watch tv because that is the favorite Satanic tool.
You should always , with love but FIRMLY, announce to people what is right according to circumstances.
And you should bring about more material justice by using what material wealth you manage to have to redistribute it among those who have not enough.
It is not those who say “Lord, Lord” that will go to Heaven, but those who do God’s will.
You should study constantly the life of Jesus and do the same things yourselves: basically proclaim the Gospel and help the needy.
Unless you are a cloistered nun.
=Padre Pio was a priest, yet he built the biggest hospital in the South of Italy.
God told Francis to repair his church. And what was the result ? Francis reduced his needs to even less than minimum and distributed all he laid his hands on to the poor, apart from preaching even to birds and wolves.
Study the life of Francis and go out and do the same.
The Gospel says people went up to Jesus saying: We prophetized in your name, we chased demons in your name. But Jesus said to them: Go away to Hell. I don’t know you.
Every time you defend the right doctrine among the heathen and false believers and every time you give a glass of water to a homeless person you are being a true disciple.
This is what I cannot get people in this forum to understand.
Of course, you will get persecuted. You will ruin your wordly life. But didn’t Jesus get crucified at 33?
Have patience with us then. 🙂 We’re all a work in progress.

God bless you,
Rebecca
 
I think your biggest downfall is here when you say "but I am not concerned with what you like or dislike"

If you understood anything about Christ you would see that Love and Charity urge us to be concerned about our neighbour.

Perhaps if you change this one thing, your life will also change for the better.
Dear Fergal,

Please, convert yourself and believe in the Gospel.
If you do not trust what I say, allow me to recommend you to read the Gospel, the whole Gospel.

You can also read the life of Jesus written by the present Pope, Benedict XVI (the first part is out and the second part will come out soon - he is writing it)

You will take much proficiency by reading the life of Jesus by a good Catholic author of your choice.
 
My dear friend Benedict

Perhaps you are deprssed or have the blues.
It’s good to avoid gloominess or sadness like this if we can. It was almost o the list of deadly sins because it too opens the door to a multitude of sins. It opens the door for the enemy to come in too.
We all have to try and be cheerful, optimistic, joyful and full of hope. Jesus has overcome the world. We’re going to win Benedict. The victory is guaranteed because people like you are working. As you say times are tough and the end is likely near, but what happens at the end my friend? In the end we win. We get the prize. The enemy does not win. He is whispering words of discouragement to you dear friend. Don’t listen. Victory for us is near now. Hang in there Benedict. We need you to fight for us. I’ll pray for you.

God bless and peace to you friend:thumbsup:🙂
 
My thoughts exactly - Benedict, how can you be engaged to be married while at the same time saying the true disciple never gets married? And then accuse OTHER people of being hypocrites when you look like such a massive hypocrite yourself? If marriage is so awful then don’t marry.

Your remarks are totally contrary to what Jesus said about removing the plank from your own eye before trying to correct anyone else’s vision.

Your view of marriage is ridiculous by the way - marriage is a sacrament, a blessing from God - a state instituted by HIM and prized (yes, not as highly as celibacy, but nonetheless a worthy and noble vocation, entered into by no less than Our Lady, the most perfect human being after Jesus).

God knew what He was doing when He joined Adam and Eve and every other married couple since.Nothing wrong with it at all for most people. Most people are NOT called to nor capable of celibacy, a fact Paul knew full well.
 
My thoughts exactly - Benedict, how can you be engaged to be married while at the same time saying the true disciple never gets married? And then accuse OTHER people of being hypocrites when you look like such a massive hypocrite yourself? If marriage is so awful then don’t marry.
From my understanding of his post, he is not marrying her.
I have this Finnish fiancée. We are not going to get married. We are just going to stay engaged. She is sweet and simple, a very rare kind of woman.
Perhaps there is a cultural or linguistic disconnect going on here. Are “fiancée” and “engaged” the words you mean to be using? An intention to get married is neccessary to a state of engagement in its regular understanding. People are engaged to be married. What are you engaged to be?

I am glad you have found a sweet simple, rare kind of woman. Hopefully she is ok with your unusual understanding of engagement (I’m sure she if she’s the lady for you.) Otherwise, wouldn’t you say that a “sweet, simple” rare kind of woman deserves someone who would devote himself to her (Though firstly to the Lord, of course) sacramentally? If you are both called to be a single lay people thats fine, but why be engaged? Or if you are called to the religious life, why be engaged? I am very confused about what the state of this kind of relationship is. Sounds to me like she is your best friend. That might be a more fitting title.

This part of your personal life is of course not my business. I’m just trying to understand it so I will better understand your world view.
All they are worried about is getting a good job IN THE WORLD of atheists.
They ought to get a good job among God’s chosen people.
They ought to understand the simple facts about God: that if you go into a bar and hear people defend euthanasia you should intervene and proclaim the right doctrine.
You shouldn’t watch tv because that is the favorite Satanic tool.
You should always , with love but FIRMLY, announce to people what is right according to circumstances.
Where are we to get these jobs you are talking about? Should we all retreat to a commune? Take our 1 billion selves to some corner of the world where we have no contact with non-Catholics? How are we to soften the hearts of these atheists if we take ourselves out of their lives? Who would be left to tell them the truth?

I’m a teacher in a public high school. I have many non-religious co-workers. I say what I think is right, sometimes at risk to my job. People rarely agree with me (at least out loud) and it further alienates me from coworkers. I say these things as diplomatically as I can. So it isn’t really how I’m saying it. It is definitely what I am saying that causes me to have less friends on staff. I fail to see how this is worse than having the good jobs you are talking about, then going out to mix with euthanasia enthusiasts in a bar. In one scenario you work with good people, and outside of work mix with the less good. In the other scenario you work with atheists, agnostics humanists etc., and outside of work seek like-minded Catholic individuals to strengthen you.
 
From my understanding of his post, he is not marrying her.

Perhaps there is a cultural or linguistic disconnect going on here. Are “fiancée” and “engaged” the words you mean to be using? An intention to get married is neccessary to a state of engagement in its regular understanding. People are engaged to be married. What are you engaged to be?
The poster has lived in France, so presumably knows enough French to know that fiancee is a French word that means exactly the same as in English - a woman you are engaged to be married to. I don’t see how there can be any linguistic problems here 🤷
If you are both called to be a single lay people thats fine, but why be engaged? Or if you are called to the religious life, why be engaged? I am very confused about what the state of this kind of relationship is. Sounds to me like she is your best friend. That might be a more fitting title.
Exactly - no Catholic should ever date or be romantically involved with anyone as an end in itself, but only as a prelude to marriage - if not with that person, with someone eventually. And certainly no Catholic should be dating someone they positively don’t intend to marry.
 
What I can’t figure out in this whole thing is if we are not supposed to work, how are we supposed to eat without taking handouts from the government and our non-Catholic enemies?

Even St. Paul made tents and sold them to unbelievers to feed himself, and insisted that Christ’s followers work to support themselves.

Heck, Jesus even helped Peter and crew catch fish after they had been out all night without a catch so they could make a living.

And if Catholics shouldn’t be marrying, how are they going to make more Catholics to spread the Gospel?

Something ain’t right here…🤷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top