National Shrines

• Thread starter Thread starter Camp_Pueblano
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Camp_Pueblano

Yesterday for the thrid time in about a year I had the distinct priveledge and wonderful opportunity to visit the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL. So to speak, the home of Jesus, Mother Angelica and the Poor Clare Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. On each of my visits to the Shrine I can say unoquivocally that I have been truly moved by the Holy Spirit.

I offer this up for comment as this place is truly holy and as Mother Angelica has attested, is divinely inspired.

I have also had the occassion on many, many instances to visit another most special location at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville, IL, my childhood hometown. Again, just being on the premises of this most holy and I think sacred place you can actually feel the Holy Spirit come over you.

In both locations I feel as thought the Lord is providing us with an opportunity to visit with him in spirit and experience the LOVE of his presence in our hearts.

I highly recommend both of these shrines with tremendous enthusiasm and I hope that everyone has an opportunity to visit these venues and experience the hand of God. Or if you are fortunate enough to have a major shrine in a location near you geographically I hope that you take part in having the experience.

The spiritual gain and tremendous and awesome PRESENCE is something that will soothe your ills and allow each of us the wonderful time of living close to our Lord for however short of a time that we can each partake.

Certainly our local parish churches are most sacred to each of us but once in a while a paricularly joyful and powerful experience can be had by visiting another House of Our Lord.

God Bless you all and may our Lord call you to one of HIS most precious venues soon!

Carl

You can also try local (or somewhat local) monestaries and convents. I have found those also to be inspiring places to visit.

When travelling, you might be able to find one to stay at instead of a hotel/motel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back