National Sunday Law

  • Thread starter Thread starter sheldonakai
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheldonakai

Guest
What is the church’s response to the booklet National Sunday Law?
 
I have a copy of the booklet. It’s trash masquarading as research. Why would the Church have any response to such pulp?
Is there a link about what National Sunday Law is?
 
Is there a link about what National Sunday Law is?
The actual law doesn’t exist. The booklet is a SDA work that has been around for about a century. It’s hard to find a link that isn’t an anti-Catholic site and I wouldn’t want to get in trouble posting that here. 😉

The Catholic Answers library has an article on the SDA that discusses the national Sunday law (last section).

catholic.com/library/Seventh_Day_Adventism.asp
 
The actual law doesn’t exist. The booklet is a SDA work that has been around for about a century. It’s hard to find a link that isn’t an anti-Catholic site and I wouldn’t want to get in trouble posting that here. 😉

The Catholic Answers library has an article on the SDA that discusses the national Sunday law (last section).

catholic.com/library/Seventh_Day_Adventism.asp
Thank you very much. I never really go out that much and have never heard of this before. Bod Bless.

Little One0307
 
When I first heard that part of the SDA teaching is that Catholics are supposedly conspiring to enact a “Sunday law” that would mandate that Christian worship could ONLY take place on Sunday, I was totally shocked. They are worried about this because they worship on Saturday. They teach a lot of farfetched nonsense about the Catholic church (we are the minions of the antichrist etc.), but this one seems contrary to common sense since if they knew anything about Catholics they would know that we have mass every day of the week. Just imagine what would happen to us when holy days fell on a weekday - like Ash Wednesday, for example! We, more than any other denomination, would be hurt by something like this. Also, have they every heard that the US has a separation of chuch and state? Nutty, but they still continue to teach this. My SDA friends sincerely believe it to this day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top